Skip Navigation

[Resolved] assign content template to posts

This support ticket is created 6 years, 11 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Shane 6 years, 10 months ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author
2017-05-17 18_42_56-Content Templates ‹ Feis na Mara — WordPress.png

I am trying to:
Connect up the content template to my posts (I imported it via the module manager).

I visited this URL:
Content templates > Usage for single page

I expected to see:
I expected to be able to press Change content template, and assign the template 'New blog layout - 10.02.17', but it's not an option.

Instead, I got:
The only option there was 'Content template for Posts '

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hello,

Thank you for contacting our support forum.

Is it that you are trying to assign certain pages from a Post type to the content template?

If so then this will need to be done from the post edit screen for each of the posts you want to assign the content template.

Thanks,
Shane

No, I want to connect the content template to all my posts (for my blog). Does that make sense?

Shane
Supporter

Hello,

Then this can be done by clicking on the "Bind 1 Post" button on the content template screen. What this button does is that it will auto assign all the posts to the correct content template.

Please let me know if this helps.

Thanks,
Shane

No, you're not getting me. Might help to read over my support request again.

I need to assign the content template to the post, I can bind it, but only to another. I need to assign it to the CORRECT one (that I imported).

Shane
Supporter

Hi Mhair,

Would you mind providing me with a copy of the export file so that I can test this out on my end.

Thanks,
Shane

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.