Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Author can't upload images

This support ticket is created 6 years, 6 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 28 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Shane 6 years, 4 months ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author

Yes, do whatever you want to the site. It's a cloned site so it's not live anymore and is now just a test site to troubleshoot on.

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Mike,

It seems you may have removed the form from the page.

Could you let me know which CRED form is having the issue because I tested the upload on the backend as an author and I was able to upload an image with no issue so I would like to know which form to test it again on the frontend.

Thanks,
Shane

Again, this is about the frontend. Here is the original message to help:

When an author tries to edit a page on the frontend (it's using a CRED FORM for frontend page editing that I made), they can just fine. Then they press the INSERT MEDIA button and try to upload an image. It gives an error back "Sorry, you are not allowed to attach files to this post." Basically it won't let them upload anything.

In ACCESS, which is activated, I have authors set so they can upload files. What else can I try? Everyone else in user groups above them can upload images just fine.

Does that help clarify?

Shane
Supporter

Hi Mike,

What I meant was that I want to know which CRED form is this issue happening on, I want to take a look at the form on the backend.

Thanks,
Shane

Oh okay... sure that is EDIT PAGE form.

Shane
Supporter

Hi Mike,

Does this site use a custom directory?

I may need to escalate this one to our 2nd tier supporters for further debugging because the issue seems to be just isolated to CRED because i've disabled all the plugins and the issue still occurs.

Please let me know.
Thanks
Shane

It is using HIDEWP so you can disable that plugin if you want. Then the directories will line up with what you see in the folder structure.

Shane
Supporter

Hi Mike,

Sorry taking so long to getting back to you.

However the upload should work now for authors.

Please try and let me know.
Thanks,
Shane

It won't let me go into wordpress admin anymore. Did you do something?

What code or edit did you do that you think fixed the problem? I can try it on my live site to see if it works since I can't access this one anymore.

Shane
Supporter

Screen Shot 2017-10-10 at 9.28.25 AM.png

Hi Mike,

What I did was to set the permissions of the Author to this. See Screenshot

Once I did that it started working again.

Thanks,
Shane

No that doesn't work unfortunately. You already had me try that when we first started this thread... so now 2 weeks later and we are back to right where we started 🙁 Can you send this back to the level 2 tech support? You can login with the same test account and create an author. Then assign it to a page on the site. Then edit that page in frontend with that author account and try to upload an image. It just doesn't work.

Thanks, Mike

Shane
Supporter

Hi Mike,

I've sent this up for further debugging.

Thanks,
Shane

Can you please check up on the resolution for this? It's now been almost a week since I last heard anything and there is no word. I don't understand why it is taking 20+ days to get a resolution on something this little. Please please can you send me the resolution. Thank you.

Shane
Supporter

Hi Mike,

I must apologize for the lengthy delay in response.

However as fix for this issue has been proposed for this and should be released in an update.

Thanks,
Shane

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.