Skip Navigation

[Resolved] auto-populate submitted form post-title with submitted form post-id?

This support ticket is created 6 years, 7 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Eric Anderson 6 years, 7 months ago.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author

I’ve created a Post Form of CPT ‘Feedback.’ Its shortcode is included in a Visual Editor cell of a Layout for another CPT. As users submit these forms, I want their post-title to include their auto-incremented post-id in the title, like this: Feedback Form #537 (where 537 = the post-id of the *submitted form*).

This works on the form email notification, like so:
SUBJECT: Form # [wpv-post-id] = Form #537

However, when I try to auto-populate the *submitted form* post-title using [wpv-post-id], I get a different value, like this: Form #319 (where 319 = the post-id of the post in which the form is embedded). Here’s the code I’m using:

Edit CRED Post Form > Content
[cred_field field='post_title' post='scene-feedback' value='[wpv-post-id]' urlparam='' class='form-control' output='bootstrap']

It makes sense that *before* the form is submitted the only value for [wpv-post-id] would be the value of the existing page in which the form is embedded.

So, how do I auto-populate the title of the *submitted form* with the post-id of the *submitted form* so that it matches up with the Email Notification Subject Line?

Thank you.

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

Well - We have the nice example how you can auto-populate the post title while using CRED form. You need to use CRED hook cred_save_data .

For example:

//Create a dynamic post title by the CRED form.
add_action('cred_save_data','func_custom_post_title',10,2);
function func_custom_post_title($post_id,$form_data) {
    if ($form_data['id']==9999) {
        $name = get_post_meta($post_id, 'wpcf-name', true);
        $email = get_post_meta($post_id, 'wpcf-email', true);
        $title= $name. '-' . $email;
        $args = array('ID' => $post_id, 'post_title' => $title);
        wp_update_post($args);
    }
}

You need to adjust your title according to your requirement.

Please check the following Doc:
=> https://toolset.com/documentation/programmer-reference/cred-api/#cred_save_data

Related Tickets you may interested in:
=> https://toolset.com/forums/topic/adding-two-custom-fields-together-to-make-a-post-title-on-submit/#post-412305
=> https://toolset.com/forums/topic/how-to-set-format-date-field/#post-408928

Thank you, Minesh.

I am back from another project and will now attempt to implement your solution. I will follow up with any questions.

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Ok fine - thank you. Please get in touch with me if you have any further queries.

That worked great, thanks.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.