Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Calculating fields

This support ticket is created 6 years, 9 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

This topic contains 15 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Luo Yang 6 years, 8 months ago.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Author

I am trying to create a form which should include a calculating field.

1. User needs to select date of birth of self using date picker, can I output how old the user is as far? and if possible, can I use a filter by age range and display results after stored the post?

Thank you so much!

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

1. User needs to select date of birth of self using date picker, can I output how old the user is as far? and if possible, can I use a filter by age range and display results after stored the post?
==> Well - I need to know your current setup first.

yes - you can output how old the user is based on the date field but first of all could you please confirm date field is custom post field or custom user field?

Hi Minesh, thank you so much for your response, please check the information out below.

Minesh
Supporter

Thanks for sharing debug information but I think you missed following message:

yes - you can output how old the user is based on the date field BUT first of all could you please confirm date field is custom post field or custom user field?

Also, where you want to display age range filter - using custom search?

Hi Minesh, thank you so much for the response, I am adjusting my site now, still need a couple days, when I am done, I will send you the screenshots and private information, please do not close the ticket if possible, and will talk with you soon . thank you so much again 🙂

Minesh
Supporter

Ok fine. Please get in touch with me when you are done with your site adjustments.

Hello Minesh, could you please resend me the private link to me, I have got ready, thanks!

Minesh
Supporter

- Please share problem URL
- Please share one test case example about what you want to achieve and using which post types and which custom fields.

*** Please make a FULL BACKUP of your database and website.***
I would also eventually need to request temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP) to your site. Preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible in order to be of better help and check if some configurations might need to be changed.

I would additionally need your permission to de- and re-activate Plugins and the Theme, and to change configurations on the site. This is also a reason the backup is really important. If you agree to this, please use the form fields I have enabled below to provide temporary access details (wp-admin and FTP).

I have set the next reply to private which means only you and I have access to it.

Minesh
Supporter

Well - we have the issue with custom JS binding and that has been resolved with CRED beta version 1.9.1-b1.

*** Please make a FULL BACKUP of your database and website.***
Could you please update CRED plugin to beta or wait for next official release version which is supposed to release in next week. You can download the beta version from:
=>https://toolset.com/download/toolset-cred/#changelog

Once you update to Beta version - you can use the date picker callback to calculate age based on selected value.
=> https://stackoverflow.com/questions/6471959/jquery-datepicker-onchange-event-help

Hi MInesh, thank you so much for your describing. I am so sorry that I may delete that piece of code when I did my program this morning, below is code of current age. could you please tell me which piece of code I need to add? In my memory, you added "id=current-age" , but I don't know what I should do. Second, I am not experiencing on code, to understand what does it mean of the link you sent to me is very hard :(, so please just leave message about what I should do, in case that I delete any piece of code with careless. Thank you so much again.

<div class="col-sm-6"><div class="form-group">
		<label>[wpml-string context='cred-form-Application form - step 2-49' name='Date of birth']Date of birth[/wpml-string]</label>
		[cred_field field='date-of-birth' post='application-form' value='' urlparam='' class='form-control' output='bootstrap']
	</div>

Minesh
Supporter

Well - we are going to release new Toolset plugin version by today or tomorrow. I will get in touch with you once we update it and then will start to work on this issue further.

Minesh
Supporter

I got the updates that we are going to release new Toolset plugins version tomorrow, please update ALL Toolset plugins to it's latest official release version and get in touch with me tomorrow.

Hi Minesh, a slight adjusting right now, give me a couple days, I will contact you as soon as possible. Thanks 🙂

Minesh
Supporter

Ok fine - thank you.

Hi Minesh, could you please send me a private link ? I am getting ready 🙂

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.