Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Can I import code?

The Toolset Community Forum is closed, for technical support questions, please head on to our Toolset Professional Support (for paid clients), with any pre-sale or admin question please contact us here.
This support ticket is created 7 years, 3 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.
This is the community support forum for Types plugin, which is part of Toolset. Toolset is a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients and people who registered for Types community support can post in it.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 -
- 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 -

Supporter timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Nigel 7 years, 2 months ago.

Assisted by: Nigel.

Author

I am creating sites in Webflow, which generates HTML and CSS. Can I import this code into Toolset to define my layout? If so, is there documentation as to how I would go about it?

Thanks.

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Hi Jon

That's not possible. Webflow is a good tool to understand how to create page designs and see the markup and CSS used to generate the design, but you would need to recreate this manually in Layouts.

If you google "webflow to wordpress" you'll find lots of results with themes and tools to recreate your webflow design in WordPress, but if you want to set up the design in Layouts you will run into the issue that the markup generated by Layouts may not correspond to the markup generated by webflow, and so it is not a simple question of copying across the CSS and making sure to add the webflow classes in Layouts.

I don't see any non-manual alternative, I'm afraid.

bryce.jpg

Thanks for replying. I guess I will have to purchase one site and see if Layouts will do it for me. I want to be able to do things have a picture overlap a section (see pic). Can I do this type of thing with Layouts?

Also, I will create new topics if you like but...

1) Can I host Toolset sites at Hostgator or do I have to use your hosting?
2) Can I create a whole site that could be updated with Cred?

Thanks for your assistance.

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Hi Jon

The page design such as in your screenshot is down to your CSS in combination with the HTML markup of the page.

With Layouts you have a lot of control over the markup, and you can add classes and ids to apply your styles.

If you are trying to reproduce a particular design you need to be reasonably comfortable, and competent, at working with HTML and CSS to do so. You will need to look at the combination of HTML and CSS generated by Webflow and reproduce that in Layouts. Before buying Toolset you can try it out at discover-wp.com where you can set up a test installation.

Regarding your follow-up questions.

1. Toolset doesn't offer hosting. You should be able to use any WordPress host. The better quality your hosting, the better performance you can expect with your site.

2. CRED let's you do two things. Create (and edit) posts from the front end, and register (and update) users from the front end. So, users can register on your site using CRED, and can publish and edit content (typically in the form of custom post types) with CRED.

You might find it helpful to review some of the tutorials (https://toolset.com/learn/) to get a good idea of what you can do.

The forum ‘Types Community Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.