Skip Navigation

[Resolved] cannot save any related posts delivered by ACF PRO

The Toolset Community Forum is closed, for technical support questions, please head on to our Toolset Professional Support (for paid clients), with any pre-sale or admin question please contact us here.
This support ticket is created 7 years, 3 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.
This is the community support forum for Types plugin, which is part of Toolset. Toolset is a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients and people who registered for Types community support can post in it.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- - 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Ho_Chi_Minh (GMT+07:00)

This topic contains 16 replies, has 4 voices.

Last updated by Beda 7 years, 2 months ago.

Assisted by: Beda.

Author

Hi, after updating from Toolset Types 1.7.11 to the newest one, I cannot save any related posts delivered by ACF PRO.
When I retrieved an old Types version (1.7.11) it works like a charm.
Has anyone faced with this issue before?
The console log doesn’t return any error message…
Thanks,

This is how it occurs:
hidden link

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi szatkowski,

Thank you for contacting our support forum.

Would it be possible to temporarily disable all your non-toolset plugins leaving only the ACF pro plugin and toolset enabled and see if this issue still remains ?

This may be a conflict amongst other plugins with our toolset ones.

Looking forward to hearing from you soon.

Thanks,
Shane

Yes, I disabled all plugins except Types and ACF.
Still I have the same issue.

Shane
Supporter

Hi szatkowski,

Would you mind providing me with a duplicator package of the site so I can do some more testing to report this to our development team.

You can provide me with the duplicator package by going to the link below.
https://toolset.com/faq/provide-supporters-copy-site/
Thanks,
Shane

Hi Shane,
Sure, here's duplicator's copy.

[edit]

Thank you,
Mariusz

Shane
Supporter

Hi Mariusz,

Having some issues with the duplicator package.

Is this on a test site that you have up ?

That way I could log in and see whats wrong, also to see if there are any errors being generated.

Thanks,
Shane

Shane
Supporter

Screen Shot 2016-12-14 at 2.56.45 PM.png

Hello,

Thanks for providing me with access. This allowed me to see how you had setup the relationships and try to create a duplicate on the backend of my test site.

However in trying to replicate the problem the relationship works for me. see screenshot

Would you mind giving me some more time on this ? As i'm not able to replicate the problem I would like to investigate further.

If i'm unable to find the issue then i'll need to escalate this to our 2nd tier supporters.

Thanks,
Shane

Thank you Shane,
Please refer to this video:
hidden link

Thanks,
Mariusz

Hi,
Did you check it?
Thanks,
Mariusz

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+00:00)

Hi Mariusz

Shane has started his vacations and I just spotted this now, I'm sorry for the delay in responding to you.

I have the site credentials you gave Shane available and I'm going to investigate and will report back.

These kind of issues typically arise when skipping major versions which may not happen if you update incrementally, e.g. from 1.7 to 1.8, from 1.8 to 1.9 etc.

Anyway, I will get back to you once I have had a look.

Okay, Thank you Nigel,
I keep on waiting then.

Merry Christmas!
M

Nigel
Supporter

Hi Marius

I took a fresh clone of your site to install locally.

It will take me a little while to identify what's going on in it, and with the Christmas holidays it may be a few days before I am able to reply.

By the way I'm editing your replies above to remove the public reference to the dropbox files for your site backup.

All right thank you,
Kind regards,
Mariusz

Nigel
Supporter

Hi Mariusz

I looked at the duplicate of your site to see the issue in action, but I had real problems understanding how your site is put together. I was trying to reproduce the problem on a minimal install with only the essential plugins activated and with a default theme, but couldn't see the issue itself because of various errors that prevented the page updating when trying to save a post, as per your video.

I can't even see how your custom posts are being registered, they are present even when I have only ACF and Types active using the twentyseventeen theme, none of which is responsible for the custom posts.

So all I was able to do was to create a new test site with a fresh installation of WP 4.7, Types 2.2.5, and ACF 4.4.11, and verify that there are no issues saving the ACF relationship fields with Types active.

You can see that in the linked screen recording: hidden link (the file is too large for me to insert here).

I created a Project custom post type and an ACF relationships field with which I was able to add related projects one my single project edit screen and save them successfully.

I'm not sure what the issue is with your site but it is not a compatibility issue between ACF and Types, it seems to relate to your theme or some other third party or custom code.

Hi,
Thanks,
Did you try to build a few post types and taxonomies in Types 1.7, use them combined with relations with ACF, and then update Types and try the same?
I tried this with twenty fifteen theme with all plugins disabled except newest Types and ACF PRO.
There are no issues, when I use another plugin for post types: hidden link
Thanks,
Mariusz

The forum ‘Types Community Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.