Skip Navigation

[Resolved] can't access user fields

This support ticket is created 6 years, 7 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- - 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Ho_Chi_Minh (GMT+07:00)

This topic contains 43 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Beda 6 years, 3 months ago.

Assisted by: Beda.

Author

I agree that there is confusion that stemmed probably from originally setting up the fields in Events Manager.

I really can't delete the User Field group and start over because I have over 1600 users already usinig those fields and I can't lose all that data and start over.

So - I would much rather figure out the option you mention to "Control the fields with CRED".

However, when I go to the MANAGE OTHER USER META FIELDS WITH CRED and find the dbem_phone field and click ADD and set it as a Single Line - although it seems to register, as soon as I refresh the page, it is back to saying "add" and the field is NOT shown as being managed by CRED. Is that the way it is supposed to work?

Do you know why I can't get them to "ADD"?

Thanks.

Elise

By the way, I found an old thread from two years ago when I was working on this same area .

WHAT FOLLOWS IS FROM MY DECEMBER 22, 2015 ticket:

I found the thread about letting CRED manager other user meta fields - I found the fields I wanted (created by Events Manager) and clicked ADD and set them up as SINGLE LINE type fields.
Now, however, it still doesn't work, and CRED has created a bunch of NEW fields that are the same as my fields, but with "cred" in front (see screen shot).
The fields I am trying to work with are:
dbem_phone
dbem_address
dbem_address_2
dbem_city
dbem_state
dbem_zip
dbem_country
I "add"ed all of these to the MANAGE OTHER USER META FIELDS WITH CRED - and then CRED added these fields:
cred_dbem_phone
cred_dbem_address
cred_dbem_address_2
cred_dbem_city
cred_dbem_state
cred_dbem_zip
cred_dbem_country

I understand.

This should not happen.

At this point the only way for me to fully debug, and also solve this problem is to work on a local Copy of your Site.

I will need a site's snapshot to assist you as fast and effective as possible.
https://toolset.com/faq/provide-supporters-copy-site/

This is needed because I need to record what happens when the actions are fired.
Online, this is difficult, as I cannot run my debugger.

Would you mind to send me that Site's Snapshot, so I can as soon as possible find the cause of this problem?

Urghhh! I would like to do what you have requested - but (as has happened to me before) when I try to run Duplicator, I get an error and it won't work. I think my site is too big ... and I'm not sure what to do to fix that.

Any suggestions?

Elise

You can send me a ZIP of the Database export and a ZIP of the FTP WordPress install files.

I activated a private reply for this.

Those files hold only the Database and the Installer File.

Please, can you manually ZIP up your FTP and send it to me as well?
Then I can manually deploy the site.

I'm sorry - I'm not sure I know what that is ... let me look at the Duplicator results again...

My duplicator package says it has these things:

Archive: 20170902_newmusicalsinc_8f0722c3fa47bc7c1707170902042643_archive.zip
Installer: 20170902_newmusicalsinc_8f0722c3fa47bc7c1707170902042643_installer.php
Database: 20170902_newmusicalsinc_8f0722c3fa47bc7c1707170902042643_database.sql

I sent you the Database and Installer (cause I thought that's what you asked for) and now you are asking for my "FTP" - but none of these things have FTP in the name. Is it the Archive that you want?

Thanks.
Elise

I need this 2 files:
Archive: 20170902_newmusicalsinc_8f0722c3fa47bc7c1707170902042643_archive.zip
Installer: 20170902_newmusicalsinc_8f0722c3fa47bc7c1707170902042643_installer.php

Thank you!

I am trying to download the Archive file now so I can send it to you - but it says it is 12.75 GIG and will take several hours to download ... I don't know what will happen when I try to upload it to you...

No, please don't. This is too big.

I tried again to log into your site so to grab the package myself, but there was a host build interrupt.

The package is not bigger than 300MB if you set the Duplicator Correctly.
You need to exclude Uploads Folders, cache folders, error logs, and what not, all what is not needed for the install to run.
And those are the default files of WordPress, your wp-plugins, themes and the index files.
But the cache, the uploads and similar are not needed, and those are the big load of the package.

If you can create the Duplicator package by excluding the paths, could you send me that?
Or, you can send me the Zipped Files of your FTP, but make sure to exclude the big data.

Thank you!

I just checked, and although you are right that you got a host build interrupt - it seems that the package continued in the background anyway and is now ready.

Are you able to log back in and try again to grab it now that it's done?

Elise

The Database is incomplete, the users table is empty and the options table not existent.

Could you send me the zipped files as described previously? Then we can proceed as fast as possible to a solution.

You have asked for "Zipped Files of your FTP".

Can you clarify? Do you mean I need to download my entire website through FTP and then zip it? Or is this a file that Duplicator has already created?

Sorry that I am unclear.

Elise

When you use your FTP client, you should be able to download your WordPress Install (usually in the public folder).

Then, make sure that the uploads, the backups, and all the "heavy" stuff that is not needed or a functional site (images, for example) is removed.
Mainly, I need the default WordPress install folders, and in there you need to ensure that the uploads etc. are removed.

Then you can zip this up and send it to me.
The database is extracted from as example phpMyAdmin.

I attach some links to help how to back up the site.
Database:
https://codex.wordpress.org/WordPress_Backups#Simple_Backup_with_phpMyAdmin
FTP:
https://codex.wordpress.org/WordPress_Backups#Backing_Up_Your_WordPress_Site > Copy Your Files to Your Desktop

Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.