Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Can't add fields to form

This support ticket is created 7 years, 5 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- - 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Ho_Chi_Minh (GMT+07:00)

This topic contains 10 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Beda 6 years, 11 months ago.

Assisted by: Beda.

Author
CRED-form-failure.png

I am not able to add anything to a new CRED (1.8.2) post form. I have tried by:
Auto-Generate
Add Post Fields
Fields and Views
Add Media
Add Generic Fields
After I click Insert nothing happens. Everything else is ready and assocaited with the form: CPT, fields, fields group.

hidden link

Are you using Fusion Builder or any other Codemirror instance?
In that case, disabling that Plugin would solve the problem.

If this is not the case, please check if the issue also persist with a WordPress Default Theme and NO Plugins BUT the Toolset Plugins.

If not, could you then re-enable the Plugins one after the other, and check the issue each time you enable a plugin?
Please report me when the issue comes back

It might also be due to the Theme.
Please do reactivate your Theme only after you are sure the issue isn't coming form a 3rd Party Plugin.

Thanks for your advice. The problem was Soliloquy Lite.

I am reopening and setting to "fixed in next release".

I will let you know once it's solved on our end.

There is finally an Erratum for this:
https://toolset.com/errata/cred-conflicts-with-avada-codemirror/

Please apply that patch, it will solve the issue.

Thanks for looking into this. So even though it says Avada it fixes the Soliloquy issue too?

Should, yes, since it's a CodeMirror issue in general.

Please let me know if it's solved for you too.

Beda:

Works great, thank you so much!
hidden link

Jack

Correction: I need to deactivate Soliloquy to add the fields to the form, but after I am done editing the form I activate Soliloquy and all seems to work fine.

I reopen this here because the Fix was for AVADA only and does not solve the Soliloquoy issue.

I will keep you updated here on the process.

The Soliloquy Plugin offers a hook to dequeue their styles on our pages.

The Hook is soliloquy_skipped_posttypes.
That lets you register your post type to skip the plugin scripts, items, everything.

You would need to pass the CRED Form Post type (cred-form) to that hook so their GUI/Scripts is not on our CRED Edit pages.

This is Custom Code, that either a Custom Programmer can assist, or the Developer of that Plugin.

Thank you for your patience.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.