Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Can't choose custom field with Th7 theme

This support ticket is created 6 years, 8 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Christian Cox 6 years, 8 months ago.

Assisted by: Christian Cox.

Author

I am trying to:
Insert a custom field created with types into a view.

I expected to see:
the usual dialog for settings

Instead, I got:
nothing

the problem is consistent with all The7 setups. This particular one is brandnew setup. The7 is the second most selling general purpose theme on themeforest (and mostly playing along nicely with wp-types).

See Video:
hidden link

The problem is only with inserting types custom fields, anywhere (templates, views, posts, etc.). but i can insert views, default wordpress fields etc. without problem. of course, it works if i just write the stuff by hand or switch the theme to create the views. but it's cumbersome.

thanks for checking it out! you're welcome to access the site if you need to.

Hi, another user mentioned this last week, and we're investigating this compatibility issue with the7 theme. This is a new development, and hasn't been a problem until recently. So hopefully our developers will be able to release a patch or update that will fix this issue for all the7 and Toolset users. Sorry for the inconvenience, and I will continue to update you here as I receive more information.

Great. Thanks for the feedback.

Hi, the fix for this issue is planned to be released with Types 2.2.16, which is currently scheduled for early next week. I'll continue to update you here as I receive more information.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.