Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Change Title of Archive Page

The Toolset Community Forum is closed, for technical support questions, please head on to our Toolset Professional Support (for paid clients), with any pre-sale or admin question please contact us here.
This support ticket is created 6 years, 8 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.
This is the community support forum for Types plugin, which is part of Toolset. Toolset is a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients and people who registered for Types community support can post in it.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Luo Yang 6 years, 8 months ago.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Author

I've created a custom archive page for a Post Type. The title of this page simply says, "Archive" and I was wondering if there was somewhere in the archive creator to change that.

hidden link

Dear michael,

It depends on your theme file, I suggest you check your theme file archive.php (), locate the PHP codes which is for rendering the "Title of Archive Page", and change it as what you want.

More help:
https://developer.wordpress.org/themes/basics/template-hierarchy/#custom-post-types

Custom Post Types use the following path to render the appropriate archive index page.

archive-{post_type}.php – If the post type is product, WordPress will look for archive-product.php.
archive.php
index.php

So I have a post type called "Creators" with a slut "creator." I created an archive page called archive-creator.php and put in a custom header. I then created an archive through the Layout editor. In the editor, I didn't see the option to select "archive-creator.php" from the drop down list of WordPress archives (it was empty) so I just created a new one, mocked up my layout and...it worked, so thanks. I guess the WordPress archive drop down is only for those archives I've created via the plugin's system?

Which dropdown menu are you talking about?
Could you take a screenshot for it, and describe detail steps to duplicate same problem, how and where I can see the problem? I need to duplicate same problem, thanks

C-wordpressarchivenoexist.jpg
B-wordpressarchive.jpg
A-existingarchive.jpg

A-existingarchive.jpg = The custom archive I created...

B-wordpressarchive = Creating an archive for my custom post type by choosing "wordpress archive"

C-wordpressarhivenoexist = The custom archive I created not available in drop down

I think there is a misunderstanding, if you create a theme file "archive-creator.php", it will be used to render the archive page of post type "creator", please check wordpress document:
https://developer.wordpress.org/themes/basics/template-hierarchy/#custom-post-types

there isn't any dropdown to select "archive-creator.php", and I did not see any related dropdwon in your screenshots.

The forum ‘Types Community Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.