[Resolved] Conditional post fields not working in admin

This is the community support forum for Types plugin, which is part of Toolset. Toolset is a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients and people who registered for Types community support can post in it.

You are not logged in. You can view support threads, but not post.
If you are already logged in, please refresh your browser.

Related documentation: Adding Custom Fields to WordPress

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  daveM 2 months, 1 week ago. The support staff assigned to this topic is Christian Cox.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Author

I am trying to create 4 post fields and hide #4 if #3 is empty, hide #3 if #2 is empty, and hide #2 if #1 is empty. All of this is for the back-end admin options only—not front-end.

I'm using the post fields conditional setting: "Custom Field" "> is greater than" "0" (see attached screenshot).

The value of the custom post field will be different URLs, so there is no exact value to compare. Is this the correct setting and value("0") to show/hide a field based on whether the field is empty or not?

Thanks!

Christian Cox
Forum moderator

Supporter languages: English (English )

Supporter Timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

Hi, the best way to set up this conditional is to use the != (not identical to) operator, and leave the value empty:
[YouTube Video #1] [!=(not identical to)] [leave the last input blank]

See the attached screenshot for an example. Let me know if this does not resolve the issue for you, and I'll take another look.

Thanks, I ended up not needing the conditional after all, but thank you very much for the reply!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You are not logged in. You can view support threads, but not post.
If you are already logged in, please refresh your browser.

Known issues and their solutions

We document known issues and their solutions in Toolset erratas. Save time by checking there first and seeing if what you are facing is a known issue. This list is kept short. We do our best to resolve all known issues with every release of Toolset plugins.

Support Policy

Toolset staff will help you use the Toolset plugins correctly, provide any information you need, help troubleshoot problems and advice on best-practices.

Please make sure to issue only one topic per each support ticket.

For more information, read our full Customer Support Policy.

Need custom programming work for your site? Check out our certified partners.