Skip Navigation

[Resolved] CRED form problem in filtered view loop

This support ticket is created 7 years, 11 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

This topic contains 10 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Luo Yang 6 years, 8 months ago.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Author
incorrect.jpg
correct.jpg

I have a view loop, and within each item of the loop, I have inserted a CRED form to create a post that is a child relationship to the loop item. The form is hidden, and shown in a modal window when the "add" button is clicked. This works fine, until the loop is filtered. If i filter the loop with a parametric search, and then click on the "add" button, the CRED form now creates its own Labels for each input, which it never did before, and messes everything up, including the form validation.

Please see the screenshots showing the modal window/CRED form as it should be, and then the one that is rendered within the filtered loop. All Toolset plugins are updated and WP 4.5.

Dear adam,

I assume you are using custom JS codes to make the popup module, does it works when you remove those custom JS codes and display the CRED form directly?
I tried in below test site, but can not duplicate same problem:
hidden link
user/pass: xgren/111111

Could you duplicate same problem in above test site? thanks

filterproblem.jpg

It is just using Bootstrap built-in modal feature.

This problem is also on your site. I didn't change anything on your site. I only logged in and went to the page. Once you type the search, and get a filtered result, then it adds "labels" to the form automatically that shouldn't be there. See picture

Thanks for the details, I can see the problem, and put it into our to-do list, our developers will take care of it.

Is there any timeline for when this would be fixed? It is hard to work around.

I did find that this only fails with ajax results. If I use a full-page refresh on search, then it works fine.

Hello Adam,

I’m Mohammed Toolset support second tier and I have been escalated to this thread. I’ll give my best to help you to achieve your needs through Toolset components.

I'm very sorry for the late response and for the waiting time.
I already worked on the issue and I found that it needs some debugging to get more accurate results.

Please keep following this thread and I will get back to you again as soon as possible.

Thanks.

Thank you

Hello Adam,

Thank you for your patience.

I'm able to replicate the issue on a fresh WordPress installation. So, we have an issue in CRED.

I've debugged the issue and found that we parse the CRED form shortcodes in the content section of the form regardless the labels that are already existent in the form content.

So, the shortcode is being parsed and generates the field and the label again.

I've Escalated the issue to the development team and passed all the required information and debug results so that they can check and handle the issue.

Please wait and I will notify you once I get any updates.

Thanks.

Hello Mohammed,
When will this issue be fixed?

Thanks

Hi Adam,

This still being discussed in our internal system.
FYI, this will be a bit big change because it affects some important areas.

Anyway, I've sent a reminder gain to the developers and I will update you once I get any news.

Thanks.

Here is the feedback from our developers:

https://toolset.com/errata/cred-forms-cannot-be-loaded-on-the-frontend-after-third-party-ajax-calls/

Our 2nd tier supporter is asking you to know about that:

There is no workaround for this issue at the moment. Our development team is working on it and we will provide a fix, as soon as it is available.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.