Skip Navigation

[Resolved] CRED form to create a taxonomy

This support ticket is created 6 years, 8 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 0.98 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Shane 6 years, 8 months ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author

Hello,
I need to allow my final users to create new taxonomy threw CRED form.
But it seems I can only create CRED forms to create/modify new posts or users, not taxonomies.
How should I set this up ?
Thank you.

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Roman,

Thank you for contacting our support forum.

Actually only posts and users can be created with CRED. Taxonomies you won't be able to create those unless you use our Types backend or define the taxonomy in the code.

So these are the only ways that it would be possible.

Thanks,
Shane

When I insert a taxonomy field into a CRED form, there is the ability to add a new term for the final user. Maybe I can set up a "modify" CRED form on a post that don't modify anything but allows to create the new taxonomy when validating the form ?

If so, is there a way to allow the term fields to be modified while creating the new term ?

Thank you.

Shane
Supporter

Hi Roman,

You can create terms from a post form but you cannot create a new taxonomy. Modifying a CRED form won't work either because there would be no database record for that taxonomy itself so it really not possible to create this content on frontend.

Thanks,
Shane

Oh sorry, my mistake.

My whole dilemma is about creating a new term, not a new taxonomy.

So is there any way at all to create a new term threw a CRED form ? Would it be possible to add the term fields there ?

Thank you.

Shane
Supporter

Hi Roman,

Actually you can do this but it will be creating a post each time you want to add a new term . I would suggest just allowing users to add a new term if the term does not exist when they are creating the posts itself.

Thanks,
Shane

I understand.
But would it allow me to add the term fields ?
For instance if each term must have an image, would it be possible to add the image to the term while creating the term threw the CRED form creating the post ?
Thank you.

Shane
Supporter

Hi Roman,

Unfortunately not, term fields is relatively new feature of wordpress so creating term fields and populating them on the frontend is not possible with our plugins.

Thanks,
Shane.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.