Skip Navigation

[Resolved] CRED Generic fields values vanishing after validation

This support ticket is created 6 years, 6 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Shane 6 years, 6 months ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author

Hello, I am having exactly the same problem as is described in here:
https://toolset.com/forums/topic/cred-generic-field-empty-after-validation-refresh/
Has this problem found any solution in the meanwhile?
Thank you very much.

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Michel,

Thank you for contacting our support forum.

So the issue here is that if the validation fails then the field data is lost ?

Please let me know.
Thanks,
Shane

Hi Shane, Yes exactly. This happens for generic fields. Thanks very much for your help.

Shane
Supporter

Hi Michel,

I was able to successfully replicate the issue on a fresh install and will make a report to our team.

Hopefully we can get some more information on this soon.

Thanks,
Shane

Shane
Supporter

Hi Michel,

Just to get some more details on this.

Is the validation for the field that the data is missing after a failed validation ? Also what type of generic field did you use.

Please let me know.

Thanks,
Shane

Hi Shane,
The generic field is a single checkbox. If the user checks this checkbox and submits, its value vanishes whenever validation fails for another field (a custom Type field). Validation is done via the CRED validation hook.
Thanks,
Michel

Shane
Supporter

Hi Michel,

I tried replicating the issue again and wasn't able to.

Would you mind temporarily disabling all your non-toolset plugins and trying again ?

Once you you have done this please let me know.

Thanks,
Shane

I have tried to remove non-toolset plugins and to simplify my CRED form to just this generic field and I still have the same problem. For time scheduling reasons I had to work around the problem by moving the generic fields into Types customized fields. This way the value given by the user to the field persists until after the validation is performed. A better solution without having to define Types customized fields would be welcome however.

Shane
Supporter

Hi Michel,

Would you mind providing temporary admin access to us so that we can check out the issue ? as we are not able to replicate the problem on a fresh wordpress install.

The private fields will be enabled for your next response.

Thanks,
Shane

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.