Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Crop and resize a featured image

The Toolset Community Forum is closed, for technical support questions, please head on to our Toolset Professional Support (for paid clients), with any pre-sale or admin question please contact us here.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: I would like to display the featured image of a post, but I would like to use a custom size and crop.

Solution: Use the wpv-post-featured-image shortcode to define custom size and crop configurations for your featured image.

Relevant Documentation: https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/views-shortcodes/#wpv-post-featured-image

This support ticket is created 6 years, 7 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.
This is the community support forum for Types plugin, which is part of Toolset. Toolset is a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients and people who registered for Types community support can post in it.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Rune Brynestad 6 years, 7 months ago.

Assisted by: Christian Cox.

Author

Is there a way to crop and resize a featured image on a View output? I want the exact size of 307x230 px. The way it is now, the page looks messy if the author use a featured image with another size than 307x230 px

Thanks in advice

Regards
Rune

Yes, you can find some examples of custom size featured images in the documentation for the wpv-post-featured-image shortcode here:
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/views-shortcodes/#wpv-post-featured-image

Along with height and width, you can specify a crop direction. Let me know if you need additional assistance here.

Thanks, it works perfect now 🙂

Regards
Rune

The forum ‘Types Community Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.