[Closed] CSS for needs improvement?

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 9 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Adriano 4 years, 3 months ago. The support staff assigned to this topic is Adriano.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
Author

Hi, I post a new topic because I marked the other one resolved, see here:
https://wp-types.com/forums/topic/css-question/#post-124131

It's clear to me you guys added soms CSS to correct a problem which can be seen on the picture in previous post.
However, with this CSS you create a new problem. It 'overwrites' the CSS when I use:

<pre>

You can see it here: hidden link

First: how it should look like.
Second: how it looks like now because of your added css for code.
Third: only using which is solved by your CSS (but who puts so many lines in only a code wrap?)

Kind regards,

Willem

Oke, the code is messed up in the post, so i replace ,< with [, what I mean:

[pre][code]multiple lines of code here[/code][/pre]

Adriano
Forum moderator

Supporter languages: English (English )

Supporter Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-02:00)

Dear willem-siebeS,

I'm going to discuss it with the others developers, I will back then.

Ok, please save the image to your PC if you would like to keep it, it's only available for three days (I will do it differnt the next time)

Adriano
Forum moderator

Dear willem-siebeS,

If you want to override the CSS of there, you should read these two documents:

hidden link
hidden link

Hi,

Do you send me those link to help me overwrite the CSS you added for the code part?
I think that's really nice of you, however, that was not my point.

I understand why you added this code to the Toolset Bootstrap the, to solve the problem mentioned in this post: https://wp-types.com/forums/topic/css-question/#post-124131

However, with this CSS you added that specific problem is solved. So what you did is make a solution in case somebody put's a lot of code (multiple lines), between the 'code' tags. However, this doens't look nice at all IF you do this.

For multiple lines of code you actually should use the 'pre' and 'code' tag together, but because of your added CSS, this breaks now.

And I think this is a bigger problem. So that why said, I think it's a good idea to take a look again at that code.

English is not my main language, but did I make myself clear?

Adriano
Forum moderator

Dear willem-siebeS,

Could you provide the credentials to access this page that you've attached? I will send an email asking it now.

Adriano
Forum moderator

Dear willem-siebeS,

Please take a look in the attached image, it is what is being rendered here. The only problem that I can see is when I use multiple lines with [code][/code]. Is it what you mean?

Hi Adriano,

The multiple lines with [code][/code] indeed look strange, but I don't think it is wrong. I personally don't use [code][/code] for "multiple" lines of code, only for code "snippets".
When I do multiple lines of code, I use [pre][code][/code][/pre].

Why your test look almost OK using my method (except from the extra whitespice on top) is because you did not really test what [pre] is used for, please see hidden link.

When you test it with you should not type a normal sentence, but really a piece of code with a structure in it. This structure however will be lost because all the code will be aligned to the left, instead of keeping the all spaces you gave to code. You can see this in my picture, the first part is how it should be, the second part how it is right now because of the CSS you added for the code element, and the third is the same like you have in your picture.

Kind regards,

Willem

Adriano
Forum moderator

Dear willem-siebeS,

Yes, I finally see the problem, thank you for bring it to us. I've added it to our to do list to be fixed in the next release of it. Thank you for your understanding.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘[Closed] CSS for needs improvement?’ is closed to new replies.