Skip Navigation

[Resolved] CSV import questions

This support ticket is created 6 years, 12 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Shane 6 years, 12 months ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author

I am trying to: import csv file

I visited this URL: https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/how-to-import-content-into-wordpress-using-csv/

I expected to see: We went to the CSV Import link to download plugin

Instead, I got: This plugin hasn’t been updated in over 2 years. It may no longer be maintained or supported and may have compatibility issues when used with more recent versions of WordPress.

So we bought WordPress Awesome Import & Export Plugin - V 2.6

We are struggling a bit with this and sent them an email, but are you really suggesting folks use an outdated plugin? Do you have other suggestions if we can't get this to work with Awesome?

Thanks,

Cindy

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Cindy,

Thank you for contacting our support forum.

The plugin that was suggested was the simplest way of importing a CPT that was stored in a CSV that was free.

Most would rather not spend on a plugin import a csv file 🙁 however your plugin should be able to import the csv file.

Thanks,
Shane

So I can still use the import instructions and just ignore that plugin that is named? Will I use your info to name the columns the same way? Guessing the answer is yes but don't want to chase my tail. 🙂

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Cindy,

Yes that is correct.

Thanks,
Shane

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.