Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Custom field values are not being saved in CPT during import (csv import).

The Toolset Community Forum is closed, for technical support questions, please head on to our Toolset Professional Support (for paid clients), with any pre-sale or admin question please contact us here.
This support ticket is created 6 years, 7 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.
This is the community support forum for Types plugin, which is part of Toolset. Toolset is a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients and people who registered for Types community support can post in it.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Anonymous 6 years, 7 months ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author

Anonymous

I am trying to: import data into my CPT that has 10 custom fields (both created using Types). The import saves the Title, Content and Taxonomies but none of the custom field values. Any idea why? Could it be related to server configuration or type of database charset - at the moment it is set to utf8mb4?

Plugins used to import and export data in CSV - WP All Import / WP All Export.

My guess - it has to do with the server configuration or database charset type. Because I contacted All Import plugin author and they asked me to replicate the cpt and custom fields into their debug site and it worked like a charm.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hello,

Thank you for contacting our support forum.

You say that it worked fine on a test site that you made for the WP All import team correct but on your personal site its not working ?

Please let me know.
Thanks,
Shane

Anonymous

Yes.

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hello,

Could you provide me with admin access to the site so that I can have a look ?

Also please provide me with a copy of the export file as well.

Thanks,
Shane

Anonymous

Hi Shane,

I figured out the issue. It wasn't related to your plugin, the culprit was the import/export plugin. I ended up using another one and everything else is working fine. Thanks for your cooperation.

You can make this resolved.

The forum ‘Types Community Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.