Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Custom post types are not appearing as pages in Appearance > Menus.

The Toolset Community Forum is closed, for technical support questions, please head on to our Toolset Professional Support (for paid clients), with any pre-sale or admin question please contact us here.
This support ticket is created 6 years, 8 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.
This is the community support forum for Types plugin, which is part of Toolset. Toolset is a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients and people who registered for Types community support can post in it.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by josephQ 6 years, 8 months ago.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Author
list of pages - subpage custom post type.png
list of all posts in appearance - menus.png
list of all pages in appearance - menus.png

I am trying to: add a new page to the navigation menu, but none of the new pages that I've created appear in either the "Pages" section or "Posts" section. This seems like something small, and simple, but it's not working for me.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: see attached screenshot.

I expected to see: the list of pages that I've added.

Instead, I got: only the single native WordPress page type "Temp Homepage" that I'd created for the static homepage.

Dear Joseph,

I assume we are talking about the custom post type "subpage", in your screenshot:
hidden link

If the custom post type "subpage" is created with Types plugin, please edit it:
enable option "show_in_nav_menus", and test again.

More help:
https://codex.wordpress.org/Function_Reference/register_post_type#show_in_nav_menus
(boolean) (optional) Whether post_type is available for selection in navigation menus.
Default: value of public argument

Screen Shot 2017-08-18 at 07.36.35.png

Thanks for your reply. The "Subpages" post type already had "show_in_nav_menus" enabled. Please see the screenshot.

It is abnormal, please check these:
1) We need to know if there is any compatibility problem in your website, you can deactivate other plugins and switch to wordpress default theme, and test again
2) If the problem still persists, please provide a database dump file of your website(ZIP file) in below "private detail box", I need to duplicate same problem and debug it in my localhost, thanks

Hi, I posted this question in the paid support forum and someone resolved the issue. Apologies for not notifying you sooner.

The issue was that the page type was deselected in the Screen Options. That was all!

Thanks again.

The forum ‘Types Community Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.