Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Custom types search is not working

The Toolset Community Forum is closed, for technical support questions, please head on to our Toolset Professional Support (for paid clients), with any pre-sale or admin question please contact us here.
This support ticket is created 6 years, 10 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.
This is the community support forum for Types plugin, which is part of Toolset. Toolset is a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients and people who registered for Types community support can post in it.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Christian Cox 6 years, 10 months ago.

Assisted by: Christian Cox.

Author

One of my clients is experimenting some issues… basically they create a custom type called Offices, and start offices from all around the country there..

but when they try to look for an office from a specific place... lets say "X City" all we are getting is Nothing Found!

And the X CITY is created... we can scroll all the way down and get into that office and make any modification...

The publicly queriable argument, is enable... but for some reason is not working...

any idea?

Thanks in advance!

Hi, can you tell me a bit more about your site:

- How are City and Office related?
- Is City a custom post type with a many-to-many relationship, or is it a custom field within Office? If so, what type of custom field? What is the field slug?
- What type of search are your clients using? Is this a WordPress search, or a Views text search, or a custom field filter?

Hello Christian and thanks for your reply!

Basically:

- How are City and Office related?
You have offices in different cities...

- Is City a custom post type with a many-to-many relationship, or is it a custom field within Office? If so, what type of custom field? What is the field slug?

it a custom field within Office; the field slug is office.

- What type of search are your clients using? Is this a WordPress search, or a Views text search, or a custom field filter?

We are using wordpress search.

Cheers!

Hi, if you'd like to search custom fields using the standard WordPress search, you should read the following guide for integrating Relevanssi:
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/searching-texts-custom-fields-views-relevanssi/

Install the plugin and follow the instructions to enable custom fields in your search results. Note that only some types of custom fields are compatible. Let me know if you have further questions after following the instructions in the guide.

Hey Christian, thanks for your reply...

I will be applying this solution and I will let you know...

Cheers!

Very good, keep me posted. This ticket will remain open for 30 days if no additional comments are added.

The forum ‘Types Community Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.