Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Date field on front end does not accept input

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
CRED Date Fields are not accepting inputs when used on the front end.
What's wrong?

Solution:
That was a BUG and is solved in the current Toolset versions

This support ticket is created 7 years ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- - 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Ho_Chi_Minh (GMT+07:00)

This topic contains 26 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by JosV9233 6 years, 10 months ago.

Assisted by: Beda.

Author

Hello Beda,

I told you before that I tested the form with Twenty-seventeen and all the non-toolset plugins deactivated. Then I tested in a fresh browser and had the same result. I did this three times already. You are reasoning in circles, that doesn't help.

I do not understand your remark about Toolset > Settings > Forms > Stileren. I have Do not load CRED style sheets on front end UNCHECKED. Also the second one about legacy stylesheets is UNCHECKED. I cannot see the reason to check that with a brand new installation and CRED form. However I followed your advise and gave it a try without a positive result.

On your video you show that you are having (some) trouble on your end also.

I have asked the server admin to look into this and he could see no reason why this should happen. If you think looking around on the server could help, send me a private form and I will let you into the server to look around.

Is there a way to use a ACF field in a CRED form? Maybe we can solve it that way.

Sorry, I thought the first post was lost.

Hallo Beda,

Look at my conversation with someone o Slack.

guy_b [12:48 PM]
What version of cred are you using? Did you try rolling back to the previous version?

[12:49]
Also, does the form use Ajax? Is there an option to turn off Ajax?

josvermeulen [12:59 PM]
It doesn’t use Ajax. I’ll try rolling back to the previous version, although also that cannot really make sense as many can’t use and quite a few can. But I’ll give it a try. Thanks for your help.

guy_b [1:40 PM]
did you change it already? it is now working for me.

josvermeulen [1:40 PM]
No, I did not change it. Did it not work for yoou before?

guy_b [1:41 PM]
no, and now it is not working again.. but I think I can see where the problem is coming from.. hang, let me try what I did perviously

josvermeulen [1:44 PM]
I have to run but am very curious if you can find out something. Will be back in an hour or so.

guy_b [1:45 PM]
and now it works again.. So what I have done to make it display, is open Chrome dev tools then open the Event Listeners tab, expanded the "click" listener, scrolled down to document > date.js, clicked to open the date.js script in the sources panel, refreshed the page, and the calendar works

[1:46]
so it looks to be some kind of cache error, and the script is not loading initially. It does load with Ajax, so if the script is triggered manually, it allows the functions to fire.

[1:50]
yeah, disabling the browser cache allows it to work. Try disabling the Powerpack addon temporarily to see if that solves it. The cred script is right at the very bottom of the source, and there are a absolutely tons of other scripts above it so it could well be that one of those is blocking it

guy_b [1:59 PM]
also, are you using the Beaver Themer alpha? Are you using the latest alpha? if you are not then try updating that.

If it is the latest, then I can see an error in one of the script uri:

/wp-content/plugins/bb-theme-builder//js/jquery.throttle.min.js?ver=1.0-alpha.6

Notice the double slash?

Also, Jos, this conversation would have been far better done as a thread in the public channel rather than via direct message, so that the conversation could be see and contributed to by others if needed.

I can't really spend much more time on this now, but I think you have a few clues now

guy_b [2:06 PM]
and actually you don't need to do all the Event Listener stuff above, just disable the browser cache while dev tools is open and refresh the page, and it should work

josvermeulen [2:59 PM]
Thanks a lot Guy. I’ll wrap this up and send it to the Toolset supporters. I use the latest Themer alpha. The Powerpack addon is probably not causing anything as the result without all the non-toolset plugins was the same. I’ll let you know what happens.

josvermeulen [3:27 PM]
It’s a pity I am not smart enough to really get what you are saying, but I’ll send it to the Toolset guys and hope thay can brew something out of it. :blush:

guy_b [3:46 PM]
Sure, you're welcome, although I have a feeling that the problem is actually on the Beaver Builder side..

josvermeulen [4:42 PM]
I don’t think so. I have tried three times with Twenty-seventeen and only 4 Toolset plugins on a fresh browser and that did not work also.

guy_b [5:07 PM]
oh really? that's interesting to know.. Did you disable Beaver Builder also though? so just plain twenty seventeen + toolset, no other plugins active at all? none? and no custom scripts of your own?

josvermeulen [9:34 PM]
Yes, exactly as you say it. And tested on a fresh browser. I told the Toolset supporter but he did not read my post carefully I think.

I apologise for the length of this thread and the circumstances.

The fact is, I can not replicate this problem and neither of my colleagues can.

As I clearly explained, the failure in my video is due to the script not being loaded/delivered by the server, that happened once out of several times.

I do read your posts very carefully, and I care about your situation.
It is not helpful to us, if you focus on other social media assistance, instead we do assist your problem here with the highest attention.

I do not need to disable cache or open Debug Tools to use your DatePicker. It works fine just out of the box.

I also see now that you use YOAST, which is known as previously stated to create an issue with the Datepicker.
https://toolset.com/forums/topic/datepicker/

I know that you stated this was tested without those plugins, but the thing is, often just disabling a Plugin is not enough, as they leave traces that can still affect the behaviour.

Now, to expedite this process, I would like to ask you to send me a Site's Snapshot, following this steps:
https://toolset.com/faq/provide-supporters-copy-site/

Then I will forward this directly to our Developers.
They will see if they can replicate this somehow, perhaps I miss a crucial step and my colleagues as well.

Thank you for your cooperation.

I created a Duplicator Package myself, as that is what we work with, for easiness and correctness of the files.

I am now deploying it and forwarding this to the Developers.

OK, when it's needed again I'll use that.

Hello Beda,
To my surprise I found out that the date picker works on iPad now. Computer and iPhone still do not work. Please froward this message to the developers.
Regards,
Jos

Any news?

The developer found some relation to how the Plugins are installed and is trying to fix this in the next version, 1.9.1

I will keep you updated.

Hi Beda,
This is good news. I look forward to it.
Regards,
Jos

This should now be solved in the current latest stable versions of all Toolset Plugins.
It was something related to the installer process, which popped up in certain cases only.

Can you confirm it's also good for you now?

Hi Beda,
My problem is resolved. Thank you guys very much.
Regards,
Jos

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.