Skip Navigation

[Resolved] date format on field type

The Toolset Community Forum is closed, for technical support questions, please head on to our Toolset Professional Support (for paid clients), with any pre-sale or admin question please contact us here.
This support ticket is created 7 years, 1 month ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.
This is the community support forum for Types plugin, which is part of Toolset. Toolset is a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients and people who registered for Types community support can post in it.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 -
- 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 -

Supporter timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Nigel 7 years, 1 month ago.

Assisted by: Nigel.

Author

I am trying to:
ADJUST THE FORMAT for post field dates, using the date field popup date selector it adds the date in this format 23rd July 2017. Ideally i need to alter the format the date input here to be dd/mm/yyyy. WHEN INPUT

When outputting the date, it is formated to be showing /d/m/Y which is fine and formats it correctly see screenshot. hidden link

I used this field in a form to send as a parameter to another external form, however the output is as its input and not formated as dd/mm/Y
see screenshot.

the basic problem is the way its input by the date selector on the post field- can i not set the format here?

Alternatively why when i use the field inside a dropdown is it not formatting it as it does using the same field view code.

Thanks

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Screen Shot 2017-03-22 at 15.32.51.png
Screen Shot 2017-03-22 at 15.31.28.png

Hi Darren

I'm not quite sure what I'm supposed to be looking at on your screenshot because it sounds like your issue is when dates are input, which, when you are just using Types, happens on the post edit screens in the admin pages.

Here's how it works when you edit a post and set a date field using the datepicker.

- The date as it appears on the post edit screen will be determined by your WordPress settings for date format (under Settings > General)
- What is saved in the database in wp_postmeta is the date in UNIX timestamp format (which for today's date would be 1490140800)
- The date as output using the types shortcode will depend on the format argument (https://toolset.com/documentation/customizing-sites-using-php/functions/#date)

You can see a couple of screenshots here of how the date on the post edit screen changes according to the WordPress date format settings.

The forum ‘Types Community Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.