[Resolved] Display author bio only if they have posts

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will answer your ticket in about 2.53 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

You are not logged in. You can view support threads, but not post.
If you are already logged in, please refresh your browser.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Dave 1 week ago. The support staff assigned to this topic is Luo Yang.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Author

Tell us what you are trying to do?
I have a page displaying all authors on a site. Not all of them have written a post yet, and I don't want them to show up on the Authors page until they have.

Is there any documentation that you are following?
I've looked at a few posts in Community Support, but nothing matches the conditions I have.

Is there a similar example that we can see?
Not that I'm aware of.

What is the link to your site?
http://partnersblog.wpengine.com/authors

Note that your documentation states that wpv-posts-found is deprecated in favor of wpv-items-count in v1.3.1. I'm running Views 2.4.1, and the buttons in the Template composition area uses the deprecated code. In the cases listed below I tried both the deprecated and current code.

I've tried using these conditional statements:
[wpv-conditional if="( '[wpv-posts-found]' gt '0' )"] - the result was an empty content area. It displayed no authors.
For this test I also tried [wpv-conditional if="( '[wpv-posts-found]' > '0' )"] because "gt" instead of ">" seemed odd.)

[wpv-conditional if="( '[wpv-post-count]' ne '0' )"] ---do stuff--- [/wpv-conditional] – this gives me all the authors, even those with a post count of 0. I added [wpv-items-count] to see if Views is checking number of *posts* for the author it's displaying in the loop, but instead it's displaying 7 for every author. This means the conditional is actually checking the number of authors, not the number of posts for the author it's currently displaying.

So, is there a way to filter this display so it'll only show authors who've published a post?

Luo Yang
Forum moderator

Supporter languages: English (English ) Chinese (Simplified) (简体中文 )

Supporter Timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

Dear Dave,

I suggest you try with Views filter hook wpv_filter_user_query to apply parameter "has_published_posts" to the query, for example, add below codes into your theme/functions.php:

add_filter('wpv_filter_user_query', 'my_func2', 999, 3);
function my_func2($query_args, $view_settings, $view_id){
	if($view_id == 123){ //view's ID
		$query_args['has_published_posts'] = array('post', 'page'); //here setup post types
	}
	return $query_args;
}

Please replace 123 with your view's ID

More help:
https://wp-types.com/documentation/programmer-reference/views-filters/#wpv_filter_user_query
https://codex.wordpress.org/Class_Reference/WP_User_Query#Has_Published_Posts_Parameter

This is perfect. Thanks for the help, Luo!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You are not logged in. You can view support threads, but not post.
If you are already logged in, please refresh your browser.