Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Display only some selected content templates

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:

The issue here is that this user wanted to know if it is possible to filter the list of content template on a post

Solution:

Unfortunately not, its not possible to filter the list as the only one that will show up are the ones that are able to be assigned to a post.

This support ticket is created 6 years, 4 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 1.91 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 9 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by bouchairY 6 years, 4 months ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author

Hello

I'm using a lotof content templates wich are displayed in the backend in the selectbox field

How to display only some content templates (useful ones) instead of displaying all existing content templates

Thank you

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Capture.PNG

Hello,

From this I gather that you want some way to filter your list of content templates?

There should be a filter right above the names of the content templates that allows you to filter it by usage. See Screenshot.

Please let me know if this helps.
Thanks,
Shane

content.jpg

Hello

Please see attached image

Thank you

Shane
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the clarity.

This list should only be showing the content templates that can be assigned to a post. This means that if the content template is for the loop output of a view then it won't show up here or rather it shouldn't show up.

Would you mind providing me with access so that I can investigate this issue for you.

Thanks,
Shane

Hello
Any informations please ?
Thank you

Shane
Supporter

Hello,

I'm currently having a look at this for you.

Thanks,
Shane

Shane
Supporter

From what I can see is that your list is already being filtered and its working correctly.

None of the content templates that are attached to views are not there, only the content templates that are either assigned to posts or not assigned to anything are showing up.

Thanks,
Shane

Hello
Ok i understand but is it possible to select via some code wich one i need to display

Loop templates are not usefull here, how to hide them ?

Thank you

Shane
Supporter

Hello,

Unfortunately not, i'm not aware of any hooks or filters that can do this.

Thanks,
Shane

NOT OK

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.