Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Display and edit Custom Fields in the Post Relationship Panel

The Toolset Community Forum is closed, for technical support questions, please head on to our Toolset Professional Support (for paid clients), with any pre-sale or admin question please contact us here.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: I would like to be able to display and edit custom field values in the Post Relationship editor when selecting a parent post.

Solution: This is not possible in the current system, but the new beta plugins offer repeating field groups and some other new relationship features that might help.

This support ticket is created 6 years ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.
This is the community support forum for Types plugin, which is part of Toolset. Toolset is a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients and people who registered for Types community support can post in it.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Christian Cox 6 years ago.

Assisted by: Christian Cox.

Author

I have two post types: Books and Authors

The Authors post type has two custom fields: Author URL and Author Photo

I've created a post relationship child post type called Credits. When I am adding new Books, I add a new post relationship and select my Author. I would like to be able to view existing custom field data for the Author URL and Author Photo from the Books post type post relationship box and edit the field if needed. Is this possible? Thank you!

Hi, unfortunately this is not possible in the current system. You can only manipulate values of the custom fields of the direct descendant post, which is "Credit" if I understood correctly. Our new relationships and repeating field groups features will address some of this difficulty, but they are still in beta mode. For now, you must edit those custom field values in the Author post editor screen.

Thanks so much! Is it possible to test out this beta?

Yes, you can find the beta plugins in the Downloads area here: https://toolset.com/account/downloads
There is a select field in the middle of the page that allows you to toggle between Production and Beta versions of the plugins.

The forum ‘Types Community Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.