Skip Navigation

[Resolved] elementor text editor – bug ?

The Toolset Community Forum is closed, for technical support questions, please head on to our Toolset Professional Support (for paid clients), with any pre-sale or admin question please contact us here.
This support ticket is created 6 years, 8 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.
This is the community support forum for Types plugin, which is part of Toolset. Toolset is a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients and people who registered for Types community support can post in it.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

This topic contains 17 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Luo Yang 6 years, 8 months ago.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Author
Screen Shot 2017-08-18 at 12.35.46 pm.png

Hi, I'm using elementor builder, this is the screen I get when I try to edit the template. Pls advise if this is a bug related to this: https://toolset.com/errata/page-builder-content-duplicated-by-layouts-visual-editor-cell/

if not there is this bug now.

screenshot attached.

Dear C6410,

That errata isn't related with your issue, that errata is talking about "visual editor cell" or "Post Content cell", but in your case it is editing post content with the "elementor builder", they are different things.

Since it is a compatibility problem, and I do not have a copy of the "elementor builder", please check these:
1) You are using the latest version of Toolset plugins
2) Deactivate other plugins and switch to wordpress default theme, and test again
3) If the problem still persists, please provide a downloadable URL for the "elementor builder", and describe detail steps to duplicate same problem, what do you expect to see, I need to compare the results and debug it in my localhost, thanks

It is hard to debug such kind of compatibility problem remotely, I need to check the source code of plugins/them, you can also provide a copy of your website. see our document:
https://toolset.com/faq/provide-supporters-copy-site/

elementor.JPG

I assume we area talking about the plugin download from:
https://wordpress.org/plugins/elementor/
I am not familiar with this plugin, here are detail steps I tried, please correct me if there is anything missing:
1) Install plugins:
Elementor Version 1.6.4
Toolset CRED Version 1.9.1
Toolset Layouts Version 2.0.2
Toolset Types Version 2.2.15.1
Toolset Views Version 2.4.1

Activate wordpress default theme Twenty Seventeen

2) Create a page, click button "Edit with Elementor"-> click button "Add Template"
I can not find the template you mentioned above "under construction free template with yellow fonts", so I tried another template "Coming Soon 7", and click button "Insert", ans save, it seems works fine, see screenshot:
elementor.JPG

Pls click the text below the yellow text to edit you can see the issue there .Thanks

Thanks for the details, I can duplicate same problem, it is a compatibility problem between CRED plugin and elementor builder plugin, currently I suggest you try to disable CRED "Insert form" button when you are using elementor builder to design page/post. for example, add below codes into your theme/functions.php:

add_filter('toolset_cred_button_before_print', 'cred_elementor_func', 99, 2);
function cred_elementor_func($addCREDButton, $context){
	if(isset($_GET['acion']) && $_GET['acion'] == 'elementor'){ // it is using elementor builder to design page/post
		return false;
	}
}

meaning i cant insert cred form in page that there is elementor ?
as in this video : hidden link

That is a only a temperate workaround, It means only disable the "Insert CRED" form button when you are using "Elementor builder" to design page/post, you can still setup the CRED form shortcode manually, see our document:
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/cred-shortcodes/#cred_form

Yes , shortcode, i forgot about that way. thanks, Luo.

Shall we keep this thread open till it is final permanent solutions I'm sure you have alerted the development team on this compatibility issue .

Hi Luo.

still there related issue.
the other toolset buttons [ field and views , access ] are not clickable too. is that a concern?

Thanks for the details, I am checking it in my localhost, will feedback if there is anything found

I can duplicate same problem, and have escalated this thread to our 2nd tier supporters, will update this thread if there is anything news.

hi guys, any update on this ?

It has already been put into our to-do list, our 2nd tier supporters are working on it, since it is a compatibility problem, I will update this thread when there is any news.

Hi,

I'm Mohammed, the toolset support team leader.

I'm posting here to inform you that we are working on your issue.

Please keep following this ticket and Luo will notify you once we find anything new.

Thanks.

The forum ‘Types Community Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.