Skip Navigation

[Closed] Embedded types breaking ajax update button

The Toolset Community Forum is closed, for technical support questions, please head on to our Toolset Professional Support (for paid clients), with any pre-sale or admin question please contact us here.
This support ticket is created 11 years, 8 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.
This is the community support forum for Types plugin, which is part of Toolset. Toolset is a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients and people who registered for Types community support can post in it.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 19:00 10:00 – 19:00 10:00 – 19:00 10:00 – 19:00 10:00 – 19:00 -
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+01:00)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Caridad 11 years, 7 months ago.

Assisted by: Caridad.

Author

Hi,
I just found a bug in the embedded types. I made a child post type and using the embedded version, when I click the update button to link a child post to a parent post type, I get a blank screen with the msg " {"output":"Passed wrong parameters"}". So I activated the plugin, removed the embedded code and it worked ok.
Any guess at what might cause this error?
Thanks

Dear Roberto,

I have just tried this with Types 1.0.4 and its working correctly. Can you make sure you have the latest version installed?

Regards,
Caridad

Hi Caridad,

Thank you for your reply. Yes, I have copied the embed code from Types 1.0.4 that is installed in my local development server. The problem is only happening in my client's host server to which I mirrored the installation for beta testing. Using the embedded code locally works fine (Types plugin disabled). Using the embedded code the remote host allows me to see the custom post types and custom meta boxes I created, so assume it's working to a point. Only the update child relationship button in the edit screen gives this strange error message. And I found this message is part of one of your plugins' php files.
What I did to work around this issue was to remove the embedded code call from functions.php and enable Types plugin. It worked fine then. There may some kind of compatibility issue between the embed code and my remote host.
Any idea to fix this problem would be much appreciated because I'd not like to let the plugin activated in my client's installation.
Thank you again.
Roberto

Dear Roberto,

With the help of firebug or a similar tool, you can take a look at the ajax request fired when you click on update. That ajax request should contain a post_id and wpcf_pr_belongs[parent] among others. Can you check this?

Regards,
Caridad

I found this in firebug's panel under net, at XHR:
Parameters
application/x-www-form-urlencoded
_wpnonce 450109629f
action wp-remove-post-lock
active_post_lock 1343317879:1
post_ID 225
Source
action=wp-remove-post-lock&_wpnonce=450109629f&post_ID=225&active_post_lock=1343317879%3A1

Is this what you mean? Does that give you any idea?

Dear Roberto,

Yes, right, XHR are Ajax requests. This ajax request has action = wp-remove-post-lock. There should be another request fired when you click the update button with wpcf_action = pr-update-belongs. Isnt it there?

Regards,
Caridad

Any hope to find a solution to this issue?

Dear Roberto,

Can you send me access to your Dashboard?

I will send you a private email requesting it.

Regards,
Caridad

The topic ‘[Closed] Embedded types breaking ajax update button’ is closed to new replies.