Skip Navigation

[Closed] From View Widget to Archive Page – Tag name

The Toolset Community Forum is closed, for technical support questions, please head on to our Toolset Professional Support (for paid clients), with any pre-sale or admin question please contact us here.
This support ticket is created 11 years, 10 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.
This is the community support forum for Types plugin, which is part of Toolset. Toolset is a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients and people who registered for Types community support can post in it.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Mike 11 years, 10 months ago.

Author

I created a tag view, and pulled that into WP-View widget. I see tags, and tag counts - great!

Then, with some effort, I got the archive to show those custom post types (in this case 'linecards') to show only those CPTs (linecards) that are tagged with what's selected from the widget (double great!)

What I CANNOT get to work is to show the tag name in the archive header.

So if I clicked 'mechanical', at the top of the archive page, I want it to say 'LineCards: Mechanical'

For the life of me, can't find what variables to read (get_tag_names, etc) - all coming up blank.

HELP! (and thx!)

Hi Mike,

What sort of archive is this? Is it a taxonomy archive like this - hidden link or is it a post archive like this - hidden link?

You might need to use:
$term = $wp_query->get_queried_object();
or
$post_type_object = $wp_query->get_queried_object();

Best regards,
Bruce.

<? php printf( __( 'Linecard Category: %s', 'mytheme' ), '<span>' . single_tag_title( '', false ) . '</span>' ); ?>

this worked - hope the php comes through. Boy was I surprised!

The topic ‘[Closed] From View Widget to Archive Page – Tag name’ is closed to new replies.