Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Front end template and archive are the same

This support ticket is created 6 years, 11 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Christian Cox 6 years, 11 months ago.

Assisted by: Christian Cox.

Author
Screen Shot 2017-05-28 at 16.09.01.png

I am trying to: Create a front end archive

I’ve been following this tutorial (https://toolset.com/documentation/getting-started-with-toolset/creating-layouts-for-archives/) in an attempt to create an archive.

The video differs from the web page, which is confusing 🙁

I’m quite sure I’ve made errors, though but I really have no clue what.

Suddenly my TEMPLATE and my ARCHIVE are the same, see screenshot.

Hi, if you want to change the assignment of a Content Template, go to Toolset > Content Templates and click the template "Template for Bedømmelse" to edit it. Scroll down to the section "Usage" and check the appropriate boxes. Please let me know if you need additional assistance with this.

Screen Shot 2017-05-28 at 22.05.34.png

Thanks Christian, though it appears I'm not much wiser. I did as you said, end clicked the "Template for bedømmelse", and scrolled down to USAGE.

It's not much I can do there, please see screenshot.

Screen Shot 2017-05-28 at 4.25.51 PM.png
Screen Shot 2017-05-28 at 4.22.54 PM.png

Okay I see. In this case it appears your Content Template has been added to a WordPress Archive. So please go to Toolset > WordPress Archives and click "WordPress Archive for Bedømmelse" to edit it. In the Loop Output Editor section, you will find your Content Template embedded using a shortcode like this:

[wpv-post-body view_template="Template for Bedømmelse"]

Please remove this code from the Loop Output editor, then click "Loop Wizard" again to run the setup wizard. Make sure you uncheck the box "Use a Content Template to group the fields in this Loop". This will disassociate your Content Template from this Archive's Loop.

Then, edit your Content Template again and you should be able to see checkboxes like the attached screenshot. Let me know if this isn't clear.

Screen Shot 2017-05-28 at 23.22.13.png
Screen Shot 2017-05-28 at 23.22.13.png

Hi again

So I removed the shortcode, I ran the wizard, and carefully made sure to uncheck the option as you described.

The loop code looks very different now, which I suppose is now correct.

[wpv-layout-start]
	[wpv-items-found]
	<!-- wpv-loop-start -->
	<wpv-loop wrap="1" pad="true">
		[wpv-item index=1]
		<div class="row ">
			<div class="col-sm-12">
				[wpv-post-title]
				[wpv-post-date]
				[types field='billede-felt'][/types]
				[types field='land-of-beer'][/types]
				[types field='bryggeri-origin'][/types]
				[types field='type'][/types]
				[types field='bedommelse-karakter'][/types]
				[types field='procent-of-beer'][/types]
				[wpv-post-excerpt more="Læs mere..."]
			</div>
		</div>
		[wpv-item index=other]
			<div class="col-sm-12">
				[wpv-post-title]
				[wpv-post-date]
				[types field='billede-felt'][/types]
				[types field='land-of-beer'][/types]
				[types field='bryggeri-origin'][/types]
				[types field='type'][/types]
				[types field='bedommelse-karakter'][/types]
				[types field='procent-of-beer'][/types]
				[wpv-post-excerpt more="Læs mere..."]
			</div>
		[wpv-item index=pad]
			<div class="col-sm-12"></div>
		[wpv-item index=pad-last]
			<div class="col-sm-12"></div>
		</div>
	</wpv-loop>
	<!-- wpv-loop-end -->
	[wpv-pager-archive-prev-page]
		[wpml-string context="wpv-views"]Previous[/wpml-string]
	[/wpv-pager-archive-prev-page]
	[wpv-pager-archive-next-page]
		[wpml-string context="wpv-views"]Next[/wpml-string]
	[/wpv-pager-archive-next-page]
	[/wpv-items-found]
	[wpv-no-items-found]
		<strong>[wpml-string context="wpv-views"]No items found[/wpml-string]</strong>
	[/wpv-no-items-found]
[wpv-layout-end]

My Dashboard still shows "Template for bedømmelse" for both Template and Archive. See screenshot.

Then you reference "Content Template again and you should be able to see checkboxes like the attached screenshot".

Unfortunately this is not the case (again), sorry. I have attached that as a screenshot too.

Would it be possible for me to log in to your wp-admin area to see what is happening? If so, please provide login credentials in the private reply fields here.

Screen Shot 2017-05-30 at 10.21.51 AM.png

I see, thanks. If you want to change the usage of a Layout, please go to Toolset > Layouts and click "Template for Bedømmelse" to edit the Layout. Then scroll down to the bottom and click "Change how this layout is used". You will be able to use the checkboxes here to assign this Layout to individual posts, archives, etc.

/wp-admin/admin.php?page=dd_layouts_edit&layout_id=20&action=edit

Let me know how it goes.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.