Skip Navigation

[Resolved] geo location

This support ticket is created 6 years, 11 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 12:00 – 17:00 12:00 – 17:00 12:00 – 17:00 12:00 – 17:00 12:00 – 17:00 -
- 18:00 – 21:00 18:00 – 21:00 18:00 – 21:00 18:00 – 21:00 18:00 – 21:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Noman 6 years, 11 months ago.

Assisted by: Noman.

Author

I am trying to: build a restaurant website that has 31 individual locations, and then create a 'store locator' search form that lets users search for the nearest restaurant to their present location.

Each individual location page will be created as a custom post type 'store' and then have hierachal taxonomies of 'state' and 'city' (because some cities have more than one) - I want to create lists by city and state in some cases.

I read several threads about geo location, and I'm not clear if Toolset can:

- Display my post types on a map in a clustered marker format (the individual locations) along with a search form that allows a user to enter their desired location and

- based on user location, the map will automatically display only locations (custom post types) within a pre-determined radius and / or

- or, once the form is submitted, display the individual locations in a listing format, limited by a distance / radius parameter that I dictate (not the user) and / or

- on a given page of STATE or CITY locations, display only a list of locations based on their geo location. Example - if a user is in Texas, when they view a page of 'Nearby Locations' the displayed list will dynamically display the locations based on geo parameters I provide in advance)

And if Toolset can't handle this on its own, can you suggested a completmentary plugin that when added, will help Toolset provide this experience?

Noman
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi Neil,

Thank you for contacting Toolset Support Team. No, currently geo localisation is not possible with Toolset. I see you would like to track website visitors location and then use it somehow inside Toolset Maps to perform various actions.

Currently our plugin does not support geo localization, but we have plans:

1. We have plans to add geolocation so the current visitor location can be used, maybe to add an additional marker.
Of course, this needs visitor interaction and explicit permission.
(something the needs to be handled by the Web Developer)

2. Add a filter by distance to a given position.

Thank you

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.