Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Got problems with views… Entire screen i faded out and can't click on anything

This support ticket is created 6 years, 10 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- - 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Ho_Chi_Minh (GMT+07:00)

This topic contains 15 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Beda 6 years, 8 months ago.

Assisted by: Beda.

Author
error2.png
error1.png

Got 2 strange errors... First one as seen in error1.png when i try to add a field to a view, the entire screen is faded out... I can click and come back to editing, but cant add the field as i should.

Second error. When i try to add search filter, the guide told me that a box would show, where i could choose the filter... i get a error ( highlighted in red ) [ object object ]

We have had an issue on the wp-types.com website due to a site's migration, and now all recently uploaded Images are not available.
Might you repost them?

I suspect that your issue is a compatibility issue.
Please deactivate all Plugins but Toolset and use a native WordPress Theme like Twenty Seventeen or our Toolset Starter Theme, to test this issue.

If then the problem is gone, report to me at what point it comes back.

If it's not gone, I will need a Site's Snapshot.
https://toolset.com/faq/provide-supporters-copy-site/

1. I can insert Fields with the GUI "Fields and Views" just fine on your website.

2. I can replicate the [object Object] issue in the Filter Editor of Views, thou.

But I cannot disable Plugins on that Site.

I will make a test locally, but I am quite sure this is not the DIVI integration.
This is a problem with the Views Plugin itself.

What I would try is:
- reinstall Views
- create a new View
- Test it again without other Plugins or Custom Themes/Code

I will udpate here when I am done with the tests.

Thanks for your help 🙂

Did you insert the actual field i wrote about... Some fields works, and some don't...And yes you should be able to disable divi integration, to see that you can insert field when plugin is disabled...

None of these problems does happen on the latest DIVI Theme, Toolset Layouts, Integration, Views and Types.

Please make sure that:
- the Plugins are up to date
- there are no other plugins involved
- there are no custom codes in the theme, and the theme is a fresh copy from elegant themes.

If the issue persists, please provide the Snapshot if possible, and check the browser console for errors. I cannot debug it online as it requires local Software.
I can help you to do that, if you struggle with.
What I need is either a copy made with Duplicator PRO plugin, or, a manual ZIP of the FTP and a manual export of the whole Database.

I enabled private forms to submit those as Links to Google Drive.

As I mentioned, this was tested on a clean install and is irreproducible.

On your website, I have this error description:

1. To recreate error go to toolset->views->list jobs - Press "new filter" in filter editor.

As said, I am able to see this on the website, but not locally, that is why I must have a Site's Copy.

2. To recreate overlay - in same view add "type af opgave" from "job field group" in template for this view.

I could not find that field with the search in the GUI. I saw it now, I can see the problem, but again, I cannot see that locally.

I ask for permission to grab a copy of the site. Can you grant me this permission?

Yes ofc 🙂 I have upgraded the user i gave you to networkadmin, and created a snapshort for you... Look under managed backups... Thanks for your help...

I can't find it.
Is it supposed to be on this link?
wp-admin/network/admin.php?page=snapshots_edit_panel

Otherwise, can you send me the proper page link?

Thank you so much.

I'm sorry, i didn't see your reply... Maybe you can't see the backup with your user... it's connected to my WPMU account. Do you have a duplicator plugin or something you can use??? Your free to install any plugin you need to grap the site...

I think the issue with the Filter error is due to your WP Encrypt plugin, but I am not yet sure.

I grabbed a Duplicator Snapshot and am now deploying it locally.

I'll be back at you ASAP.

There are a lot of problems with this site.

1. There seem to be hidden sites, which I cannot modify anymore, neither delete
2. The wp-config.php has been massively customised
3. Drop-Ins like sunrise.php are used
4. More

All those issues I had to solve before I can start to debug the problem.
That means I had to remove all plugins, drop-ins, custom code, and smash the site into a single install.

I updated all Plugins of Toolset and upgraded the site to use Post Name as permalinks.

All this did not help. I still see "[object Object]" in the Filter section (this is an error in the console).

I have to report this to the next level of support, I am sorry that I cannot provide an easy and fast fix.

With the latest Toolset applied to your Duplicator package, I cannot replicate the first issue anymore.
(The "object object" error)

Inserting Filters works fine.

I tried to log into your site, but somehow it does not load the login screen.

Can you confirm that after replacing the Plugins with the latest Versions, this also works for you?

Related to the Field, that cannot be inserted due to the overlay, that seems to happen with ALL fields that are coming from Types.
And yes, I confirm it's due to the DIVI-Layouts Plugin.

I reported that as a BUG to fix ASAP by the developers.

You should be able to just remove the !important from that code line, that should already do it.

I have moved the site to new server, and changed the domain 🙂 I have not migrated the toolset plugin yet , but i'll see what happens when i do.

I reopen for the sole purpose of updating you as soon the erratum or release with the last required fix is available.

Thank you.

This will now all be solved in the upcoming Layotus release that should be out within the next 2 weeks.

Thank you for your patience.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.