Skip Navigation

[Resolved] group custom posts and add menu

The Toolset Community Forum is closed, for technical support questions, please head on to our Toolset Professional Support (for paid clients), with any pre-sale or admin question please contact us here.
This support ticket is created 6 years, 1 month ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.
This is the community support forum for Types plugin, which is part of Toolset. Toolset is a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients and people who registered for Types community support can post in it.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- - 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Ho_Chi_Minh (GMT+07:00)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by augustd 6 years, 1 month ago.

Assisted by: Beda.

Author

i have reached a point in my project where i have to create too many custom posts and i was wondering if there is an option to group custom posts and add a menu in the WP-admin page in order to make it easier for the user....
i would like to have something like this:
(Menu) Cars - small size cars (custom post )
- medium size cars (custom post )
- muscle cars (custom post )
- custom cars (custom post )

It's not possible with the GUI (Guided User Interface), it requires Custom Code.

You can rely on the WordPress API, the Menu items that Types adds are following it, so they act just like any other Menu Item in the WordPress Admin.
hidden link

Or, you can use some plugin, like this:
https://wordpress.org/plugins/admin-menu-editor/

Hi Beda,
thanks for the reply. I will check it out and try to do it myself....The less plugins the better for the project 🙂

The forum ‘Types Community Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.