Skip Navigation

[Resolved] How can I style the login form to use Bootstrap classes?

The Toolset Community Forum is closed, for technical support questions, please head on to our Toolset Professional Support (for paid clients), with any pre-sale or admin question please contact us here.
This support ticket is created 6 years, 9 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.
This is the community support forum for Types plugin, which is part of Toolset. Toolset is a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients and people who registered for Types community support can post in it.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Shane 6 years, 9 months ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author

I have used the shortcode to display a login form but I'd like the fields to all have Bootstrap classes so it's consistent with the rest of the site. I know I can add styling but how do I add classes?

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Jon,

Thank you for contacting our support forum.

Actually all you need to do is to add the class attribute to our shortcodes and then add the bootstrap class name that you will like to use within that field.

Please let me know if this helps.

Thanks,
Shane

Thanks Shane. Would you be able to give me an example? I've tried adding a class to the shortcode but the login form is just one shortcode and I need to add it to each element.

Shane
Supporter

Hi Jon,

Actually we have a document on this to get it to style with the bootstrap classes.

Take a look at the link below.
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/styling-cred-forms/

Please let me know if this helps.
Thanks,
Shane

Thanks Shane.

I think I've already seen that page and have successfully style a registration form and others. The problem is the login form which doesn't give me access to the individual fields. Everywhere I look it just says that the shortcode for the login simply puts the standard WordPress login form onto the page. But I need to style it with Bootstrap classes.

The shortcode I'm using is:

[cred_user_form form='login' form_name='Login']

Can you give me an example of styling this?

Thanks again.

Shane
Supporter

Hi Jon,

Thanks for the clarity.

Actually there is no way to customize this using our plugins as what the shortcode does is to pull the default form from wordpress core and allow you to display it anywhere on your site.

Thanks,
Shane

Thanks Shane.

How come there isn't this facility? This seems about the only thing missing and I would have thought that a Login form is the easiest thing to produce, easier than a registration form. It's frustrating that I've styled the entire site but can't do the login form.

Could this be added to a future version?

Shane
Supporter

Hi Jon,

Usually a Registration form is more involved and as such customers get the potential to add there own fields and required information from the users to create a new account.

Login forms simply just require a username and password hence why the default one is being used.

I'm not aware of a way to style the default login form .

Thanks,
Shane

The forum ‘Types Community Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.