Skip Navigation

[Resolved] How do you create a frontend filter with taxonomy checkboxes?

The Toolset Community Forum is closed, for technical support questions, please head on to our Toolset Professional Support (for paid clients), with any pre-sale or admin question please contact us here.
This support ticket is created 6 years, 5 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.
This is the community support forum for Types plugin, which is part of Toolset. Toolset is a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients and people who registered for Types community support can post in it.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 12:00 – 17:00 12:00 – 17:00 12:00 – 17:00 12:00 – 17:00 12:00 – 17:00 -
- 18:00 – 21:00 18:00 – 21:00 18:00 – 21:00 18:00 – 21:00 18:00 – 21:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Noman 6 years, 5 months ago.

Assisted by: Noman.

Author
Screen Shot 2017-10-04 at 3.30.10 PM.png
Screen Shot 2017-10-04 at 3.48.06 PM.png

I am trying to: create a search filter on the frontend for users to be able to filter a view by taxonomy (as well as a general search field)

I expected to: be able to click a checkbox to filter by that taxonomy and then uncheck it to unfilter

Instead, I got: it is not possible to uncheck the box. This appears due to the fact that the FORM tags "action" is including the taxonomy in the query string therefore even though you uncheck that field, its still being passed in the query string.

Noman
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi Stephanie,

Thank you for contacting Toolset support.

To be able to click a checkbox to filter by that taxonomy and then uncheck it to unfilter
>> It is already working like this, when you uncheck the taxonomy filter then the result is unfiltered list. I have recorded a short video to confirm this:
hidden link

Thank you

I narrowed down our issue. The previous developer set up the filter using a widget to put it into our sidebar using the same code from the "Filter Editor" (although in the filter editor hide is set to true and in the widget hide is set to false. This apparently doesn't work with the Toolset filter due to the issue I previously mentioned.

Noman
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hello Stephanie,

How you have added the Filter in Widget? I have added the filters using WP Views Filter and it is working as expected. Please see attached video here:
hidden link

Please provide temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP Login info) to your site (preferably staging site), so that I can look into your setup and check the issue.

Your next answer will be private which means only you and I have access to it.

=== Please backup your database and website ===

✙ I would additionally need your permission to de-activate and re-activate Plugins and the Theme, and to change configurations on the site. This is also a reason the backup is really important.

✙ Please provide link to [View, Widget] Edit Screens and [Page] Edit Screen where you have inserted this View.

Thank you

The forum ‘Types Community Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.