Skip Navigation

[Resolved] How do you display custom taxonomy in custom post admin?

The Toolset Community Forum is closed, for technical support questions, please head on to our Toolset Professional Support (for paid clients), with any pre-sale or admin question please contact us here.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: How to display custom taxonomy in custom post admin?

Solution: You can add a taxonomy column to your CPT's admin screen, by selecting "show_admin_column" check-box in your Taxonomy's edit screen (Toolset -> Taxonomies -> Edit Taxonomy). This adds a column showing attached taxonomies next to post title.

This support ticket is created 9 years, 1 month ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.
This is the community support forum for Types plugin, which is part of Toolset. Toolset is a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients and people who registered for Types community support can post in it.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00 -
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by whitW 9 years, 1 month ago.

Assisted by: Waqas.

Author
Regular_Post_Type_Admin.png
Custom_Post_Type_Neighborhoods_Admin.png

I am trying to: display custom taxonomy filter drop-down on custom post type admin. My custom post type is neighborhoods. My custom taxonomy for this post type is districts.

I visited this URL: hidden link

I expected to see what I normally see at this url: hidden link

*Screen shots attached

There is a categories drop-down that allows me to filter posts by category.

Instead, I got: There is no districts drop-down to allow me to filter posts (neighborhoods) by category (district).

Waqas
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Generally, you can add a taxonomy column to your CPT's admin screen, by selecting "show_admin_column" check-box in your Taxonomy's edit screen (Types -> Types & Taxonomies -> Edit Taxonomy). This adds a column showing attached taxonomies next to post title.

However, to add a filter like default post type, you much go through a custom coding effort. Following articles discuss and provide solution in details:

- https://wordpress.org/support/topic/show-categories-filter-on-custom-post-type-list
- http://wordpress.stackexchange.com/questions/578/adding-a-taxonomy-filter-to-admin-list-for-a-custom-post-type

Thank you!

The forum ‘Types Community Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.