Skip Navigation

[Resolved] How to change the CRED forms a location for the new ad?

This support ticket is created 7 years, 2 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- - 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Ho_Chi_Minh (GMT+07:00)

This topic contains 43 replies, has 4 voices.

Last updated by Akhil 7 years, 1 month ago.

Assisted by: Beda.

Author

Is it possible to save the new announcement in the package in Custom Post, and not to the taxonomy "listing_cat"?
Now CRED forms "Add another premium ad" writes the new ads for taxonomy "listing_cat."
I have a Custom posts such as "cars", "motors", "tracks" and so far there have been recorded new ads. While CP "Listing" is taxonomies "cars," "motors", "tracks", but they are only used to display lists of ads.
Is it possible to form "Add another premium ad" to add the select-list or radio-buttons to choose Custom Post, which is to be included ad?

Dear Bochnacki,

I assume we are talking about the "Classifieds" Reference Site:
http://discover-wp.com/site-types/classifieds/

Q1) Is it possible to save the new announcement in the package in Custom Post, and not to the taxonomy "listing_cat"?
One CRED form can only create/edit one post, so it is not possible to create ads post and create another announcement post within same CRED form

Q2) Is it possible to form "Add another premium ad" to add the select-list or radio-buttons to choose Custom Post, which is to be included ad?
Could you describe the questions with more details?
If you have setup the custom post type as parent post type of the custom post type, then in the CRED form, you will be able to add a dropdown menu for user to choose parent posts of the custom post type, see our document:
CRED Forms for Child Content
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/cred-forms-for-child-content/

select.jpg
add another.jpg

Hi Luo

"One CRED forms can only create / edit one post, so it is not possible to create ads post and create another post within the same announcement CRED forms" - unless we do not understand.
I want to do, to "Add another premium ad" save ad in another place - screen 'add another.jpg'. Nothing more.
I do not want created two advertisements.

"Q2) Is it possible to form" Add another premium ad "to add the select-list or radio buttons to choose Custom Post, Which is to be included ad?" - I would like to have the option to select a front-end where I can save the new ad - screen 'select.jpg'.

2.jpg

To avoid any misunderstand, I need to more details

1) Are we talking about the "Classifieds" Reference Site:
http://discover-wp.com/site-types/classifieds/
I can not see anywhere is same as your screenshot
hidden link
If you are going to setup a field in the CRED form "Add another premium ad", allow your user to create new term in the taxonomy "Listing Categories", you can try this:
Edit the CRED form "Add another premium ad", in section "Content", click "Add Post Fields"-> Taxonomies
There are two options: "Listing Categories" and "Listing Categories Add New"
You can put them into your CRED form, and test again

2) Same as above, see screenshot 2.jpg

More help:
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/cred-shortcodes/#cred_field
cred_field
Description: Render a form field (using fields defined in Toolset Types plugin and / or Taxonomies)

Yes, we are talking about the "Classifieds" Reference Site.

"Edit the CRED form" Add another premium ad ", in section" Content ", click" Add Post Fields "-> Taxonomies
There are two options: "Listing Categories" and "Add New Listing Categories"
You can put them into your CRED forms, and test again "- I do not have such a field as "taxonomies".I have installed CRED 1.8.5.

https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/cred-shortcodes/#cred_field - I tried to take advantage of this, but my attempts ended in the fact that nothing had showed in the form. Possible that I did something wrong.
"Description: Render a form field (using fields defined in Toolset Types plugin and / or Taxonomies)" - if you can show properly written shortcode, an example?

I'm afraid that it would not help.
I have a Custom Post taxonomy 'Cars' and in this taxonomy brand, models and versions (as usual category tree Worpress). I just have to keep the correct addresses and search system.

"Add another premium ad" is set to "Post Types connected to this form:" on 'Listing' (which is why new ads are saved in the Custom Post "Listing"). If set the "Post Types connected to this form:" to 'Cars', this form all fields are invisible, that does not work. Understandable.
In addition, I have a form checkboxes to choose the brand, model and version, but do not show up in the "Add another premium ad" because it is set by the user to write to the 'Listing'. So even manages to add a choice of where new announcement is to be saved, the form and it will be bad because it will not have all the fields that you want to have (not will show a selection of brand, model and version).

What do I need to set the "Post Types connected to this form:" to 'Cars' new ad was written to the Custom Post?
Is help file changes package_order.class.php or toolset-classifieds.class.php? If so, you may have a hint?

Q1) What do I need to set the "Post Types connected to this form:" to 'Cars' new ad was written to the Custom Post?
How do you setup the "Cars"? Is it a custom taxonomy or custom post type?
There isn't such a post type or taxonomy within "Classifieds" Reference Site, if you can describe detail steps to duplicate same problem, that will help us to locate the problem.

If it is a custom taxonomy created with Types plugin, please try this:
Edit the custom taxonomy "Cars", in section "Post Types to be used with this Taxonomy", enable post type "Listings", see our document:
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/create-custom-taxonomies/
section "3. Select Post Types"
screenshot:
hidden link

then edit the CRED form "Add another premium ad" again, in section" Content ", click" Add Post Fields "-> Taxonomies
There are two options: "Listing Categories" and "Add New Listing Categories"

Q2) Is help file changes package_order.class.php or toolset-classifieds.class.php? If so, you may have a hint?
We don't recommend you to modify the core file of Toolset plugins, that will cause some unexpected result when you upgrade Toolset plugins.

Thank you for showing how to incorporate the ability to add taxonomy to CRED form. Taxonomy "Cars" have assigned type entries 'Listing' and now displays the brand, models and versions.
However, this does not solve my problem. Added ad is still stored in the Custom Post "Listing". Breadcrumb looks like this: domain > Listing > BMW > Serie 3. Should look like: domain > cars > BMW > Serie 3.

Q1) "How do you setup the" Cars "? Is it a custom taxonomy or custom post type?" - "Cars" is the Custom Post Type.
The structure of my CPT and taxonomy shown on screen 'add another.jpg'. It is better that I can not describe. If you need I can give you access to the admin panel (I warn that it is Polish).

Q2) package_order.class.php and toolset-classifieds.class.php I have in the folder 'inc' in my teheme, so it would not be overwritten during the upgrade. But do not insist on this solution, I do not know how to do it. I do not know if it can be done so that was the choice of the CPT which can add up to "Cars" or the "Motors" or to "Trucks".

Your screenshot does not show how do you setup the "Cars", and how do you output the "Cars", Please follow our document, provide a copy of your website:
How To Provide Supporters With A Copy Of Your Site
https://toolset.com/faq/provide-supporters-copy-site/

I need to test and debug it in my localhost, thanks

How can you share files?

Please put it into Google Drive, and share the links to me: luo.y@onthegosystems.com

Done. Thank you for your help.

Thanks for the details, I am downloading the file, and will feedback if there is anything found

I can setup the test site with the duplicator package you provided, but it is not in English.
Could you point the URL where I can see the same as your screenshot:
hidden link

I need to check the settings of your website. thanks

Access data sent via e-mail.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.