[Resolved] How to select child taxonomy depending on the chosen parent?

This is the community support forum for Types plugin, which is part of Toolset. Toolset is a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients and people who registered for Types community support can post in it.

You are not logged in. You can view support threads, but not post.
If you are already logged in, please refresh your browser.

Related documentation: Front-end Content Submission and Editing Forms

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Bruno Simon 4 months, 1 week ago. The support staff assigned to this topic is Minesh.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Author

I am trying to: Choose child taxonomy depending on the chosen parent

I visited this URL: https://wp-types.com/forums/topic/cred-form-conditional-logic-to-show-taxonomy-child-terms/

I expected to see:

Instead, I got:

Hello, same problem here as trevorS -2: the idea is to be able to choose between car models depending on the chosen maker., preferably in as many separate dropdown lists as there are children levels.
The answer to above mentioned post (3 years and a half ago) was that this would be added to the feature request list.
I s there a way to achieve this now?
Thanks.

Minesh
Forum moderator

Supporter languages: English (English )

Supporter Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

No - There is no native feature available to display dependent child taxonomy with CRED conditional logic.

Again - this could be a feature request if you agree I will forward this ticket to concern person.

Hello Minesh,

Thanks for the prompt reply; I also came across this older solution by Adriano: https://wp-types.com/forums/topic/cred-field-taxonomy-select-childs/
Still, I could not make it work; would this approach still be valid with the most recent versions of CRED and Views?
Is there a generic explanation/tutorial available for those wanting to create elaborate listing forms with numerous parent/children terms?

Thanks for your help.

Minesh
Forum moderator

Supporter languages: English (English )

Supporter Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Well - the link you shared with me is intended to fetch child terms which belong to only one parent. There is no dynamic way to achieve this.

Ok, it seems that what I want is not possible right now with Toolset.
I am now experimenting with either a combination of conditional custom fields or a combination of a (flat) custom taxonomy and a conditional custom field although neither solutions seem as practical as a single hierarchical taxonomy where every terms and their parent/child relationship are properly stored.
Still, I'll mark this ticket as resolved.
Thanks for your time.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You are not logged in. You can view support threads, but not post.
If you are already logged in, please refresh your browser.

Known issues and their solutions

We document known issues and their solutions in Toolset erratas. Save time by checking there first and seeing if what you are facing is a known issue. This list is kept short. We do our best to resolve all known issues with every release of Toolset plugins.

Support Policy

Toolset staff will help you use the Toolset plugins correctly, provide any information you need, help troubleshoot problems and advice on best-practices.

Please make sure to issue only one topic per each support ticket.

For more information, read our full Customer Support Policy.

Need custom programming work for your site? Check out our certified partners.