Skip Navigation

[Resolved] How to select child taxonomy depending on the chosen parent?

The Toolset Community Forum is closed, for technical support questions, please head on to our Toolset Professional Support (for paid clients), with any pre-sale or admin question please contact us here.
This support ticket is created 6 years, 10 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.
This is the community support forum for Types plugin, which is part of Toolset. Toolset is a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients and people who registered for Types community support can post in it.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bruno Simon 6 years, 10 months ago.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author

I am trying to: Choose child taxonomy depending on the chosen parent

I visited this URL: https://toolset.com/forums/topic/cred-form-conditional-logic-to-show-taxonomy-child-terms/

I expected to see:

Instead, I got:

Hello, same problem here as trevorS -2: the idea is to be able to choose between car models depending on the chosen maker., preferably in as many separate dropdown lists as there are children levels.
The answer to above mentioned post (3 years and a half ago) was that this would be added to the feature request list.
I s there a way to achieve this now?
Thanks.

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

No - There is no native feature available to display dependent child taxonomy with CRED conditional logic.

Again - this could be a feature request if you agree I will forward this ticket to concern person.

Hello Minesh,

Thanks for the prompt reply; I also came across this older solution by Adriano: https://toolset.com/forums/topic/cred-field-taxonomy-select-childs/
Still, I could not make it work; would this approach still be valid with the most recent versions of CRED and Views?
Is there a generic explanation/tutorial available for those wanting to create elaborate listing forms with numerous parent/children terms?

Thanks for your help.

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Well - the link you shared with me is intended to fetch child terms which belong to only one parent. There is no dynamic way to achieve this.

Ok, it seems that what I want is not possible right now with Toolset.
I am now experimenting with either a combination of conditional custom fields or a combination of a (flat) custom taxonomy and a conditional custom field although neither solutions seem as practical as a single hierarchical taxonomy where every terms and their parent/child relationship are properly stored.
Still, I'll mark this ticket as resolved.
Thanks for your time.

The forum ‘Types Community Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.