Skip Navigation

[Resolved] How to create custom pagination (with images from content)

The Toolset Community Forum is closed, for technical support questions, please head on to our Toolset Professional Support (for paid clients), with any pre-sale or admin question please contact us here.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
How can I create a slider that uses images as pagination links?

Solution:
We suggest you do have a look at Module Manager Plugin.

After you download and install it on your System (you can grab it from the known Toolset Download section), you will find that you can install several so-called "Modules".
These are data packages with Structures like Views, Content Templates and Post Types, that let you kickstart Toolset development since you can quickly set up complex systems without having to build them from scratch.

One of those Modules is the "Flex Slider" module, that provides you with the exact feature you ask for.

You have to create 2 views, 1 for the slides, 1 for pagination.

After that you can combine those 2 with some javascript magic. A possibility is Slick (http://kenwheeler.github.io/slick/) to make the slider work (and it is responsive).

The Module works out of the box, if your Theme enqueues the JS (as per Module description)

This support ticket is created 7 years, 2 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.
This is the community support forum for Types plugin, which is part of Toolset. Toolset is a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients and people who registered for Types community support can post in it.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- - 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Ho_Chi_Minh (GMT+07:00)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by ivoR 7 years, 2 months ago.

Assisted by: Beda.

Author
custom-pagination.png

I am trying to: create a slider that uses images as pagination links

What I have is a view that displays content from a custom post type (clients).
I want to use images (from that post type) as pagination to let visitors switch between the posts (like a slider)
The attached images will explain it hopefully: you see the active slide (Ahold) that matches with the active pagination link (the Ahold truck). When you click the next truck (the yellow one) i want it to switch to that post.

I suggest you do have a look at Module Manager Plugin.

After you download and install it on your System (you can grab it from the known Toolset Download section), you will find that you can install several so-called "Modules".
These are data packages with Structures like Views, Content Templates and Post Types, that let you kickstart Toolset development since you can quickly set up complex systems without having to build them from scratch.

One of those Modules is the "Flex Slider" module, that provides you with the exact feature you ask for.

Thanks. That helped. It would be great to have those examples online somewhere, including code examples.

For other users: you have to make 2 views, 1 for the slides, 1 for pagination. After that you can combine those 2 with some javascript magic. I'm using Slick (hidden link) to make the slider work (and it is responsive).

The forum ‘Types Community Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.