Skip Navigation

[Resolved] How to set a new location for uploaded files/documents?

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
The issue here is that the user wanted to set a new upload location for his CRED uploaded files.

Solution:

Unfortunately this is not possible, as you know we use the default upload location for wordpress to store the uploaded files.

This might be possible with some custom coding but i'm unable to provide a custom coded solution for this.

What I recommend is that you contact one of our certified consultants for further assistance on a custom solution for this.
https://toolset.com/contractors/

This support ticket is created 6 years, 1 month ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Author

J S

Tell us what you are trying to do?

I have a CPT called "Submissions" and a custom taxonomy called "Submission Type". Some of the taxonomy types allow files to be uploaded and displayed so that others can download these files from the website front end. I'd like to set this up so that any files uploaded with submissions are stored in a seperate folder, and not in the generic WP uploads or media library.

So instead of being stored at this path by default: .../wp-content/uploads/2018/03/Assessment-Test.docx

files would instead be stored at something linke ....../wp-content/uploads/submissions/2018/03/Assessment-Test.docx OR something like .../website-name/submitted-files/2018/03/Assessment-Test.docx

The first goal is to keep the WP media library free of the uploaded submission files and the second goal, though less importants is to not blatantly advertise that this site is running on WordPress by the file path including the word 'wp-content' for these items.

Is this possible to implement cleanly? Thanks

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hello,

Thank you for contacting our support forum.

Unfortunately this is not possible, as you know we use the default upload location for wordpress to store the uploaded files.

This might be possible with some custom coding but i'm unable to provide a custom coded solution for this.

What I recommend is that you contact one of our certified consultants for further assistance on a custom solution for this.
https://toolset.com/contractors/

Thanks,
Shane

J S

Ok

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.