Skip Navigation

[Resolved] i created a layout that will design page events

The Toolset Community Forum is closed, for technical support questions, please head on to our Toolset Professional Support (for paid clients), with any pre-sale or admin question please contact us here.
This support ticket is created 7 years, 2 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.
This is the community support forum for Types plugin, which is part of Toolset. Toolset is a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients and people who registered for Types community support can post in it.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

This topic contains 23 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Luo Yang 7 years, 2 months ago.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Author

Hello there is another login on the private message

I can login your website, here is what I found:
The problem page;
hidden link
Which is a event post created by other plugin (The Events Calendar), so it is should be a compatibility problem, I suggest you try this:
1) Create a theme file "single_tribe_events.php" in your theme folder, with below codes:

<?php
if ( ! defined( 'ABSPATH' ) ) {
    die( '-1' );
}

if ( defined( 'WPDDL_VERSION' ) && is_ddlayout_assigned() ) :
    get_header( 'layouts', 'events-default');
        the_ddlayout( 'events-default' );
    get_footer( 'layouts' );
else:

get_header();
?>
<div id="tribe-events-pg-template">
    <?php tribe_events_before_html(); ?>
    <?php tribe_get_view(); ?>
    <?php tribe_events_after_html(); ?>
</div> <!-- #tribe-events-pg-template -->
<?php
get_footer();

endif;
?>

2) In Dashborad-> Toolset-> Settings-> Layouts, "What to display if no layout is assigned to content" set to option "What the theme would output".

Hello thank you but everything has been done but it does not change anything

You can make changes in the site thanks

I have all the site that is blocked if we can not resolve the problem you can make modifications directly on the site thanks

This is a compatibility problem, it needs custom PHP codes, I will need to modify your theme files, but you did not provide the FTP access of your website, I can not do any debug and test in your website, please provide the FTP access in below private detail box, also backup your website first.

Thanks for the details, I can login your website, here is what I found:
1) Install the plugin "Which Template File" plugin (https://wordpress.org/plugins/which-template-file/) in your website, refresh the problem page:
hidden link
You should be able to see this post is using your theme file "page.php", but according to wordpress document
https://developer.wordpress.org/themes/basics/template-hierarchy/#single-post

It should be able to use theme file single-tribe_events.php to render the single "tribe_events" posts, but in your website, it does not.

2) Since you are using lots of other plugins/custom theme, I can not do further debug, I need your permission to deactivate other plugins and switch theme, you will need to backup your website first.

Hello thanks yes you can my site is saved

Here is the feedback from our developers:
go to Events -> Settings -> Template -> Events Template, you can switch template to file "single-tribe_events.php".

The codes in single-tribe_events.php:

<?php
if ( ! defined( 'ABSPATH' ) ) {
    die( '-1' );
}

if ( defined( 'WPDDL_VERSION' ) && is_ddlayout_assigned() ) :
    get_header( 'layouts', 'events-default');
        the_ddlayout( 'events-default' );
    get_footer( 'layouts' );
else:

get_header();
?>
<div id="tribe-events-pg-template">
    <?php tribe_events_before_html(); ?>
    <?php tribe_get_view(); ?>
    <?php tribe_events_after_html(); ?>
</div> <!-- #tribe-events-pg-template -->
<?php
get_footer();

endif;
?>

Since your website isn't in English, I can not do those setting for you. if you need more assistance, please provide website in English. thanks

The forum ‘Types Community Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.