Skip Navigation

[Resolved] I created a template for the Post Type but it does not actually display it What

This support ticket is created 6 years, 6 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 15 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Shane 6 years, 6 months ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author
333.PNG

Hi, this is the site of hidden link which is an Anime and Manga portal in Hebrew
Part of the project is to upload anime index (list of all series + production team + dubbed and more)

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

I created a template for the Post Type but it does not actually display it
What did I miss?

I've set up to show what I just wanted to display but still still shows only a picture and a description

Nothing I even defined in his structure
I saw your guide on his face and I seemed to have done everything right but again and again it failed

I'll be glad to receive your help
This is a template:
hidden link

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Amos,

Thank you for contacting our support forum.

Would you mind providing me with admin access to the website so that I can have a more detailed look at this ?

The private fields will be enabled for your next response.

Thanks,
Shane

Shane
Supporter

Hi Amos,

This is strange as it should work.

Could I get a copy of the theme to test on a fresh install to see if its a theme compatibility problem.

Thanks,
Shane

Is there any news on the subject?

Shane
Supporter

Hi Amos,

Thanks for the theme.

I'm having a look now as our forum is generally closed on the weekends.

Thanks,
Shane

Shane
Supporter

Hi Amos,

So i've done some testing and it seems that layouts doesnt work well with this theme. It could be cause your theme is using some custom function to call the content information. However if you use the Content Layout Editor that comes above your post default editor you are able to use layouts to design individual post content.

Please let me know if this helps.

Thanks,
Shane

It did not help

There is no way to override the settings that the template affects on the file function?
There must be a code-level solution

Shane
Supporter

Screen Shot 2017-10-09 at 1.26.32 PM.png

Hi Amos,

I took a look at the example post that you provided.

However it doesn't seem that the content layout editor is being used, see screenshot.

Try clicking the button as it allows you to setup your content using this editor which functions similar .

Also you can perform a similar setup if you use our views content templates, you wouldn't have the drag and drop functionality however but you can achieve the same as with our layouts.

To use content templates you will need to disable layouts.

Thanks,
Shane

What you offer is not a solution
I do not want to edit every value every time anew

This is going to be an encyclopedia of anime meaning that we strive to reach thousands of entries
It does not make sense to the method you offer

In addition to how do we show it in order and search it is not available?

Shane
Supporter

Hi Amos,

Which is why I suggested the use of content templates in our views plugin. They function the same as you would in Layouts and you can still perform your grid setup. Layouts offers the drag and drop functionality but views will allow you to create your content templates for your posts.

This means you can create 1 template and assign it to your posts. This is a temporary workaround as your theme needs to be looked at by our development team to see why layouts is not functioning as intended.

Thanks,
Shane

Ok that means I have a lot more to learn about your toolset
Thank you for the temporary solution. I will investigate and try to implement what you have suggested
And hope that you will find the solution to the main problem below 🙂

Shane
Supporter

Hi Amos,

Yes our toolset plugin is actually quite versatile as there isn't one way of doing anything. The same concepts and Ideas can be achieved through multiple ways using our toolset plugins 🙂

Thanks,
Shane

55555.PNG

Question After using Layouts to design this page on one of the crews (anime movie director)

How do I do now that it will be a default for all the rest of the team? And how can you combine CSS that is uniform for everyone?

I'm trying to implement the solution you gave

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.