Skip Navigation

[Resolved] I do not understand the functionality of premium packages and ads

This support ticket is created 6 years, 8 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

This topic contains 14 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Luo Yang 6 years, 8 months ago.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Author
packages.png
help help.png

Dear, I already have my website ready, but I have a problem since I do not understand the functionality of the packages and the publication of premium ads.
What is the difference between paying package and a premium ad ????.
Can a user post unlimited number of ads? Or can you restrict the number of ads per user?
What I understand is that if the client or web user can buy a PREMIUM ad or can buy a PREMIUM ad package ?, it could be a package of 3 PREMIUMs ads can be a package of 4, 5 or 6 ads depends on the Number that I put as administrator?
But this package I see that there is a section where I as administrator put the number of ads before and after ??, the truth I am well confused, help me to understand this functionality.....
If possible can I give an example?

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

Premium Ads:

This type will be highlighted in the home page of the Classifieds site in the 'Featured Ads' section and also will be listed in the 'Ads list' page.

Ad Package:

This type will be highlighted in the home page of the Classifieds site in the 'Featured Ads' section and also will be listed in the 'Ads list' page. You can post more than one ad with this Ad package.

So, basically, "Premium Ads" is a single ad a user can buy where as "Ad Package" is a collection of ad user can buy.

"Ad Package" is configured as WooCommerce product with configuration how many ads a user can create when they buy "Ad Pakage" and once they buy "Ad Package", a new entry created under CPT "Packages" with order number and the number of ads assigned to package.

The screenshot you shared here:
=> hidden link

Where:
Original number of ads
=> the number of ads allowed to create/add by user when they buy "Ad package"

Package number of ads allowed
=> This will hold the number how many ads remaining on your account. This number will decrease in quantity when an ad is added.

Hello thanks for the help, but I still confused, I have several questions since I was publishing ads and ad packages but I do not see how a package affects free or premium ads ???
Here I leave a link to a video where I explain in detail ..
Please, I would like you to be more detailed in detailing the operation since I am publishing ads without restriction or any relation between the package and the ad publication ????
youtube:
hidden link

Dear David,

Minesh isn't available, I will take care this thread. We can handles those questions on by one,
Thanks for the video, but it isn't in English, for your questions:
I am publishing ads without restriction or any relation between the package and the ad publication ????
You will need to login as a "customer" user, and go to the "My Account" page of wordpress front-end, there you will be able to see the restriction, relationship between the package and the ad publication,

For example,
1) you can login as a "customer" user, click menu link "Add new Ad", it should be URL of your website:
hidden link
click button "Get an Ad Package", and complete the woocommerce payment.

2) login as a "customer" user, click menu link "My Account", it should be URL of your website:
hidden link
You will be able to see the restrictions:
My Ad Credits
Your current number of Ad Credits available is: 5
My Active Ad Package
Your active Ad package is: Package Order #xxxx
Add a new Ad
You can use the following link to create a new listing.

3) click button "Submit an Ad", there you will be able to create a "Premium Ad" post, then the value "Your current number of Ad Credits available is:" will deduct to 4.
When the "number of Ad Credits available" is 0, you will not be able to create new "Premium Ad" post in front-end.

image 2.png
no update my account.png

I have created a new customer user and the ad campaign module does not work properly:
1) I do not understand if the package of ads affects the number of FREE ads or the number of PREMIUMS ads?? I imagine it's FREE ads because PREMIUMS ads is already a payment process.?
2) There is a section that I do not understand what it is for (image 2) And what relationship do you have with the ad publishing ????
2) I've picked up an ad package but not updated: "My ad credits" and "my active packages" (imagen)?. I get the following: Your current number of available ad credits is: "0" and The active ad package is: "none". I bought several ad packages and they follow the same values...

I do not know if you can help me by checking the functionality of the page at hidden link thousand thanks

Q1) I do not understand if the package of ads affects the number of FREE ads or the number of PREMIUMS ads?? I imagine it's FREE ads because PREMIUMS ads is already a payment process.?

The package of ads affects PREMIUMS ads.

Q2) There is a section that I do not understand what it is for (image 2) And what relationship do you have with the ad publishing ????
They are just custom fields, was designed to setup the order of products, and has been abandoned, so you can ignore them.

Q3) I've picked up an ad package but not updated: "My ad credits" and "my active packages" (imagen)?
This is abnormal, please make sure you are following the instruction as I described:
https://toolset.com/forums/topic/i-do-not-understand-the-functionality-of-premium-packages-and-ads/#post-557131
And you will need to confirm the order in admin side:
Login as an admin user, Dashborad-> Woocommerce-> Orders
find and confirm the order created by the customer.

Then login as customer user, refresh the "My account" page, and test again.

Q4) I do not know if you can help me by checking the functionality of the page
Your website isn't in English, it will take more time to debug the problem, I suggest you create a test site in our discover-wp.com:
http://discover-wp.com/site-templates/
find "Classifieds" and create your own demo site, and provide the credentials here. thanks

Here are some document for your reference:
Toolset Classifieds
https://toolset.com/reference-site/toolset-classifieds/

How to build directory and classifieds sites using Toolset
https://toolset.com/learn/build-directory-classifieds-sites-using-toolset/

I was trying to advertise ads and ad packages on your test site, and I have the same resusltados as I mentioned earlier, I do not know if something I'm doing wrong myself ??? Here I put a video of the procedure and the results sample.
I buy an ad package and there are no changes to changes in the control parameters.
Please look at the video ... hidden link
I'm in a hurry since I have to deliver this web to my client this week and I can not undo this ???

Thanks for the video,
You did not follow the steps I mentioned in post
https://toolset.com/forums/topic/i-do-not-understand-the-functionality-of-premium-packages-and-ads/#post-557496
1) After the user purchase a "packages", you will need to do this:
Login as an admin user, Dashborad-> Woocommerce-> Orders
find and confirm the order created by the customer.

2) Then login as user, refresh the "My account" page, you will be able to see the restrictions:
My Ad Credits
Your current number of Ad Credits available is: 5
My Active Ad Package
Your active Ad package is: Package Order #xxxx

More help:
Managing Orders
https://docs.woocommerce.com/document/managing-orders/

Thanks for your help is that there is no video or tutorial that explains that, the key is woocomerce -> orders ...

Sorry but I could not open a new support, now it turns out that I'm posting a blog at the end of the main page and I get an error, I do not know where to have a tutorial ??, the error or message that comes out is this: " A WordPress Archive page should be used to display this layout."

It is a new question, please create new thread for the new question, that will help other users to find the answers.

And here is a document about creating layouts for archives:
https://toolset.com/documentation/getting-started-with-toolset/creating-layouts-for-archives/

For your reference.

ok thankyou...

Please update this thread when you need more assistance. thanks

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.