[Resolved] I need to specify the date of an event with a beginning and ending time

This is the community support forum for Types plugin, which is part of Toolset. Toolset is a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients and people who registered for Types community support can post in it.

Our next available supporter will answer your ticket in about 7.21 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
Need to specify start and ending time using Date field. Output would be like: "September 7, 2017 5 - 7 pm"

Solution:
You need to create two date fields, one for Start event and one for End event. Then set same date in both fields but different time (start time and end time).

Related documentation: Adding Custom Fields to WordPress

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  markO-3 2 months, 1 week ago. The support staff assigned to this topic is Noman.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Author

The Date field that is provided in Post Fields is great for specifying the Date and Time an event starts but I need to be able to specify an ending time. This might provide an output that looked like: "September 7, 2017 5 - 7 pm"

Noman
Forum moderator

Supporter languages: English (English )

Supporter Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi Mark,

Thank you for contacting Toolset support. You need to create two date fields, one for Start event and one for End event. Then set same date in both fields but different time (start time and end time).

Thank you

Noman,
Thanks. As soon as I read your suggestion I did the proverbial self dope slap. Now implemented just fine.

Mark

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)