Skip Navigation

[Closed] Image rotator not working as expected

The Toolset Community Forum is closed, for technical support questions, please head on to our Toolset Professional Support (for paid clients), with any pre-sale or admin question please contact us here.
This support ticket is created 11 years, 8 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.
This is the community support forum for Types plugin, which is part of Toolset. Toolset is a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients and people who registered for Types community support can post in it.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 19:00 10:00 – 19:00 10:00 – 19:00 10:00 – 19:00 10:00 – 19:00 -
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+01:00)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Marshall 11 years, 8 months ago.

Assisted by: Caridad.

Author

It looks like a similar question was asked but I really did not see a answer so I am going to submit my issue for ponderance.

I'm trying to build a (what I think to be) simple image slider and I cannot get the thing to work correctly at all!

Here is the scenario:

I have made a custom post type that has a image field in which the client can upload a series of images.
This field is repeatable because there will be a series of images that will get uploaded per each post. So basically they will add another one of the custom image fields and add another photo.

Using a custom theme, I originally could not get any views to work correctly. Fortunately for me, you placed a debugging switch that allowed me to get that working so thank you for that!!!

With that solved, I was able to get all the custom information to appear! Awesome! But when I tried to get the photos to work in a slider, it never works!

I do set in the view what I want to sort by, add pagination and add how I want it to display. However no matter how I try this, all entries are displayed on one slide!

This is even so when I set the database to return one at a time.

Can someone give me a few pointers on what I could be doing wrong? Or this is not something that can be done at this time?

Thanks!

Dear Marshall,

The slider you are trying to setup is a slider for a custom post type. But I understand you want the slider built from a repeatable custom field instead. The first step you need to take is to display all the images together and then use javascript to turn it into a slider.

Please let me know if there is anything else that I can assist you with.

Regards.
Caridad

Hi Caridad,

Ooohhh...Not the answer I wanted but unfortunately it is the answer to my question none the less. I guess that the "slider" function in Views only affects posts and not individual items. Bummer!

Since my javascript is not very good, I will just have to look around for a 3rd party solution to rotate the images. Was hoping to get away with using Views.
But that is OK too! I would much have a answer even though being told "It cannot be done natively" than being lied to!

Thanks Caridad for answering this for me. On to searching for the plugin I need!

Marshall

The topic ‘[Closed] Image rotator not working as expected’ is closed to new replies.