Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Impossible to export

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: When I use the Toolset Export tool I am unable to download packages from some Toolset plugins. In Chrome an error is shown "Network Error", and in IE it appears to be downloading partial ZIP files.

Solution: Ensure no 3rd party plugins or server-side filters are in place that will limit the types of downloads you are able to provide on your site.

This support ticket is created 6 years, 11 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

This topic contains 9 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by romanB-3 6 years, 11 months ago.

Assisted by: Christian Cox.

Author

Hello,

I need to duplicate my website and did a entire copy/paste of all files and SQL database.

Everything acts great in the new site except for two (out of 20) plugins : WPML and Toolset...

1- I can't understand why when I copy/paste the database the Toolset parameters are not copied ?! Where would they be stocked if it is nor in FTP nor in database ??

2- After having copied the whole base and reseted WPML configuration, I now want to export/import my Toolset configuration. But I get an error that avoids me to be able to download the files. The error message says "C:\Users\Me\AppData\Local\Temp\filename.zip.part ne pourra être enregistré car le fichier source ne peut être lu."

Thank you for your help.

I can't understand why when I copy/paste the database the Toolset parameters are not copied ?! Where would they be stocked if it is nor in FTP nor in database ??
Everything is stored in a file or a database, but sometimes problems happen when you migrate to a new URL. This is because some data is stored in a serialized structure, which must be carefully changed. Which parameters are you referring to? It's possible that some of your data was URL-specific, and your new site has a different URL structure.

But I get an error that avoids me to be able to download the files.
Could you please enable server debug logs? You can see how to enable debug logging here:
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/debugging-toolset/

Go in your wp-config.php file and look for define(‘WP_DEBUG’, false);. Change it to:

define('WP_DEBUG', true);

Then add these lines, just before it says 'stop editing here':

ini_set('log_errors',TRUE);
ini_set('error_reporting', E_ALL);
ini_set('error_log', dirname(__FILE__) . '/error_log.txt');
ini_set('display_errors', 'Off');

Then attempt to export and import your settings again. This will create an error_log.txt file in your site's root directory. Please send me its contents. Once that is done, you can revert the updates you made to wp-config.php.

export.JPG

1- I just added a subdomain like "test." to the URL ; I searched and replaced all domain.com by test.domain.com in the database. What else should I have changed ?

2- I tried this, activated DEBUG and get the error, but there is no error log file. Here is a screenshot of the error.

1. If any strings were serialized, this find and replace would break them. A serialized string looks something like this:

a:1:{i:5;s:25:"duplicator/duplicator.php";}

s:25 means the string should have 25 characters. If you replace the string with a string of a different length, this will cause problems. This is why it's not recommended to do a manual find-and-replace on your database. A good migration tool can handle this for you.

2. Sorry but I do not understand this language so I do not understand the error message. However, it appears that you are attempting to upload a file named "_uWUgkYG.zip.part". This would indicate to me that it's an incomplete download, not the complete zip file. Could you try to export the settings again? Is the new exported file name still ".zip.part", or is it a full .zip file?

1- I'll look into plugins. I understand Duplicator is one of the most famous but never managed to get it work properly on this site...

2- The problem is always the same and the file a .part.zip file... impossible to export. Same problem for Views, Types, CRED, Layouts, but works OK on Access.

- If you rename the file and remove the ".part" bit, does it upload?
- Is it possible to unzip the file on your desktop? What is in the archive? What is the file size?
- Does your new site host support ziparchive, or have the zip extension enabled?

- if I click "ok" the file is deleted ;
- before clicking "ok" I can access the file, which size is 0 ;
- this is the old site where I am trying to make an export, also, the host is the same, just another folder.

Can I try this out? Please provide access information for your old host. Private reply fields are enabled here.

Hi, I get the following error in my Chrome download manager:

sitename.views.2017-05-18.zip Failed - Network error
<em><u>hidden link</u></em>

Strange that it works for Access but not the others. Can you temporarily disable all non-Toolset plugins and switch to a default theme like Twenty Seventeen? Then try to export and download the settings again.

The trouble was linked to a php filter installed to restrict access to media library files...
It's been corrected. Thank you very much.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.