Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Impossible to interact with Post Group popup because is behind another element.

The Toolset Community Forum is closed, for technical support questions, please head on to our Toolset Professional Support (for paid clients), with any pre-sale or admin question please contact us here.
This support ticket is created 6 years, 10 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.
This is the community support forum for Types plugin, which is part of Toolset. Toolset is a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients and people who registered for Types community support can post in it.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 12:00 – 17:00 12:00 – 17:00 12:00 – 17:00 12:00 – 17:00 12:00 – 17:00 -
- 18:00 – 21:00 18:00 – 21:00 18:00 – 21:00 18:00 – 21:00 18:00 – 21:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

This topic contains 9 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by alessandro2 6 years, 10 months ago.

Assisted by: Noman.

Author
Screen Shot 2017-05-18 at 4.30.19 PM.png

I am trying to:
Open the Post Group popup window clicking the "Change Post Group" button.

I visited this URL:
Edit Page

I expected to see:
The Post Group popup window

Instead, I got:
Overlapping element because of wrong CSS z-index value.

Noman
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi Alessandro,

Thank you for getting in touch with us. I am not able to reproduce this issue at my end, please see attached screenshot.

Can you please also try to check it by deactivating all third-party plugins and switching back to the Default Theme (e.g. Twenty Sixteen theme) to see for any possible conflicts with any of the plugins or themes?

Thank you

Apparently is "Advanced Custom Fields PRO" plugin. Since this plugin is quite popular among developers, are you planning to investigate the issue?

Noman
Supporter

Hello Alessandro,

Yes sure, I am going to reproduce it with ACF pro at my end and will let you know soon.

Thank you

Noman
Supporter

Hi Alessandro,

I have installed and activated ACF Pro plugin >> added a Custom Field (Field Type = Text) to a CPT >> and I am still able to see Post Group popup without any overlay, please see here:
hidden link

1. Which ACF field type you have added for the post which is potentially causing conflict (WYSIWYG Editor, Gallery, URL, etc...)?

2. I have tested using ACF pro v5.5.14, can you please update the ACF plugin and see. Also please ensure to update all WPML plugins and addons to latest versions as well.

3. Additionally, we have released latest versions of Toolset plugins that fixed many important issues. May be you want to update Access and ALL Toolset plugins to the latest version and check this issue again: https://toolset.com/account/downloads/

If above does not resolve the issue, then I will request for temporary login access for the site to debug further. Thank you

Thank you for your prompt reply and detailed assistance. I'll go through your steps but I want try first the update. How to do? Just delete the plugin folder and replace with the new one?

Noman
Supporter

Check updates.png

Hello Alessandro,

You can upgrade Toolset plugins from WordPress dashboard >> Updates >> Click Check Again. See attached screenshot. And update the required Plugins.

Please let me know how it goes.
Thank you

It doesn't work this way like for other plugins. It seems the update is not triggering the request. That's why I'm asking. Thanks!

Noman
Supporter

Hello Alessandro,

Can you please delete Toolset plugins from WordPress dashboard (make sure there is no Toolset plugins related folder, for example “Types” exists in your FTP, if you see any Toolset folders for example “Types or View or Access” in FTP then please delete it) and re-install them again from Commercial Tab in WordPress Dashboard.

OR You can download and install from your account. Don’t worry all of your Toolset data will be kept as it is: https://toolset.com/account/downloads/

Thank you

Ok. Upgraded. The problem is still there. I'll try to narrow down the issue and get back to you. Thanks.

The forum ‘Types Community Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.