Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Is there no way to edit the Content Template for Archives using Beaver Builder?

This support ticket is created 7 years, 5 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- - 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Ho_Chi_Minh (GMT+07:00)

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Beda 7 years, 5 months ago.

Assisted by: Beda.

Author
Screen Shot 2016-11-26 at 1.19.52 PM.png

I am trying to: Design Archives Template for custom post types using Beaver Builder

From what I can tell...it seems that this is only possible using HTML/CSS. I have created my content template for Single Posts using Beaver Builder. I noticed here: https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/best-practices-creating-templates-beaver-builder/
... you have listed that it is possible to Design the Content Template in the View loop with Beaver Builder.

Now... the problem I'm having is that when I attempt to launch beaver builder I receive a message. "Before you can edit with Page Builder, you need to choose what type this Content Template will display."

I have no idea what I'm missing here. Can you please advise? Thanks so much for your help.

The approach to design Content Templates that are used on an Archive with Beaver Builder is elaborated here:
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/best-practices-creating-templates-beaver-builder/ > Design archives for custom post types.

1. Create a WordPress Archive with Toolset.
2. In the WordPress Archive, use a Content Template to display each of the items in the loop. 3. Design the Content Template in the View Archive loop with Beaver Builder
3. Use the standard WordPress editor and not Beaver Builder for your single Posts.

When you get the message you mention, you should avoid this by creating a Content Template, design it with the Beaver Builder and then use that in your View's Loop (choose from existing templates)

Does that help?

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.