Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Layouts CSS and Javascript editor

The Toolset Community Forum is closed, for technical support questions, please head on to our Toolset Professional Support (for paid clients), with any pre-sale or admin question please contact us here.
This support ticket is created 6 years, 7 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.
This is the community support forum for Types plugin, which is part of Toolset. Toolset is a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients and people who registered for Types community support can post in it.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 -
- 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 -

Supporter timezone: Europe/London (GMT+00:00)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by siddardha thammana 6 years, 6 months ago.

Assisted by: Nigel.

Author

The css and java script added through this editor places the code on all of the front end.

How about a way to add layout specific css and javascript? This would help increase the page load speed.

I saw a couple of plugins that could do that. How ever, it would be easier if the plugin itself has this functionality

Thanks

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+00:00)

Hi Siddardha

You are right, custom CSS and JS added by Layouts is enqueued on *all* pages.

I have forwarded a feature request to the developers to be able to add CSS or JS on a per-Layout basis, so that custom JS would only be added to posts of a certain post type, for example. I can't say how long it would take to implement, I'm afraid, it depends very much on the other priorities of and demands on the Layouts team.

A minor performance improvement should be included in the next release which means the custom CSS file will not be enqueued if there is no custom CSS added.

Thanks for bringing this up.

Glad that this is taken into consideration.

The forum ‘Types Community Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.