Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Linking users (to a post type)

The Toolset Community Forum is closed, for technical support questions, please head on to our Toolset Professional Support (for paid clients), with any pre-sale or admin question please contact us here.
This support ticket is created 6 years, 3 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.
This is the community support forum for Types plugin, which is part of Toolset. Toolset is a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients and people who registered for Types community support can post in it.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 -
- 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 -

Supporter timezone: Europe/London (GMT+00:00)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by murrayC 6 years, 3 months ago.

Assisted by: Nigel.

Author

I am migrating a site from Drupal to WP.
The site enables users who are authors (user type) to write articles ('Articles' post type).
Users who are authors will also have the ability to have a blog (default 'Post' type).
So, Authors can write Articles and Blog posts.

When I go into the Article post type, there is a taxonomy for Author but what I realise now is that it is wrong and that what I am actually after is that the users should be visible in the Articles post type so that they can be linked to the Author being a standard user.

It was suggested to me to jsut use posts for everyhting and have a checkbox to specify whether it was a post of an article but I can see that possibly gettingmessy. If I can utilise post types, I think it would enable me better organisation of information and cleaner workflows.

Is there any documentation that you are following?
Not at the moment. I am researching generally and also coming to the wp-types documentation but nothing that is exact to my needs.

Is there a similar example that we can see?
Not that I know of but I am hoping that what I have described above is pretty straight forward and I missed it.

What is the link to your site?
hidden link

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+00:00)

Hi there

Firstly, please note that you are posting in the Community Forum for users of the free Types plugin. As a Toolset customer you can and should post in the Technical Support forum which we prioritise and where you should receive speedier service.

I think all you need is that your users are post authors of blog posts and your custom posts.

By default the UI for post author with custom post types is hidden.

When you create/edit a post type using Types in the "Sections to display when editing..." meta box there is an option to display the post author on the post edit screens.

So when editing a custom post you will now see the option to change the post author.

Is that all you need for this, or have I misunderstood?

I have moved this to the premium area.

The forum ‘Types Community Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.