Skip Navigation

[Closed] List Custom Post Using The Tag (Taxonomy)

The Toolset Community Forum is closed, for technical support questions, please head on to our Toolset Professional Support (for paid clients), with any pre-sale or admin question please contact us here.
This support ticket is created 11 years, 8 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.
This is the community support forum for Types plugin, which is part of Toolset. Toolset is a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients and people who registered for Types community support can post in it.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 19:00 10:00 – 19:00 10:00 – 19:00 10:00 – 19:00 10:00 – 19:00 -
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+01:00)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Caridad 11 years, 8 months ago.

Assisted by: Caridad.

Author

Hi

Created a custom post called "exhibition" and there is an option to added tags for each custom post. Now we have designed a page where will display lists of custom posts using a tag. We have created two views and embedded the views. But this is not working. Can anyone help?

Thanks.

Dear Claudius,

This is like this by default on wordpress. The archive loops for a category or tag will show only blog entries (posts) and not custom posts. A way to work around it is to add these lines to functions.php in your theme:

add_filter('parse_query', 'tags_for_all');
function tags_for_all($wp_query) {
 if (is_tag()) {
   $wp_query->set('post_type', array('exhibition'));
 }
 return $wp_query;
}

Please let me know if there is anything else that I can assist you with.

Regards.
Caridad

Dear Caridad,

Using the wordpress in-built function we have already integrated this. But we have used a plugin called "Views" through which we wants to integrate.

Thanks.

Dear Claudius,

Another solution is not to use Post Tags. Instead create a custom taxonomy called Exhibition Tags and use that. You will see things start working after doing this.

Please let me know if there is anything else that I can assist you with.

Regards.
Caridad

The topic ‘[Closed] List Custom Post Using The Tag (Taxonomy)’ is closed to new replies.